Desktop Notifications

Yes, this would be so so so helpful

2 Likes

That would be amazing to have a desktop notification. We really need that feature.

3 Likes

Yes please, Chrome notifications are a MUST.

7 Likes

Agreed. This should be implemented for a better workflow.

1 Like

This would dramatically improve everyoneā€™s workday here; we donā€™t have a standard browser (GC 70%, Safari 20%, FF 10%), but notifications on any of them would be well-used by our teams.

The email notifications cause a lot of havoc, primarily Inbox bloat & incorrect recipient autofills, and this would be a godsend;-)

2 Likes

Really miss browser notifications too. Really tired checking email every timeā€¦

5 Likes

This feature must be in ASANA ASAP.
My team with basecamp was more productive only because of Desktop Notifications feature.

P.s. Why Asana Community has this feature (does AC really need it)?

2 Likes

And one more thing related to notifications. My team members much more productive when they can see count of unreaded messages for task (subtask). For the ā€œcollarobation instrumentā€ - this is ā€œmust beā€ feature.

3 Likes

Yes Asana, we need a Notfications!

3 Likes

Any comments from Asana team? Or we shold move to trello to get this feature?

4 Likes

Hi Alex: I canā€™t believe that youā€™ve only received a handful of comments with regard to sound notifications be it on the desktop or smartphone. I rarely use Asana precisely because there are no audible reminders that a task has been scheduled. I would LOVE to be using Asana all the time, but alas, until you can trigger an alarm on my desktop Chrome (just like so many other extensions do), I may need to continue searching for a tool that works for me.

P.S. Why donā€™t you take this on proactively, and develop it or at the very least poll ALL your users for confirmation.

@Alexis, Thereā€™s quite a bit of interest in this idea of desktop notifications from our browsers - does Asana have any comments/updates that you know of?

1 Like

Hi! I appreciate your interest here. Iā€™m actually unable to provide specific updates on these requests. For more info I suggest you take a look at this post:

1 Like

I totally agree!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit fed up of discussing Asana tasks in a third party chat system because Asana does not have comment notification popups. Seems a bit daft really. I dont think we should ā€œvoteā€ on something so integral into task management, it should be prioritised by Asana.

10 Likes

Totally agree. It msut be a default feature in task management system in 2018

3 Likes

Desktop notifications through chrome and safari are essential to me as well. (the current work-around: Each team member uses Duck Tape to affix their iPhones to the upper corner of the laptop screen, notification issue solved, for now)

3 Likes

Ya seriously - beep beep ā€¦ Though your probably not getting any of our responces because your not getting notified!

5 Likes

ItĀ“s about time! We are 100 people requesting it!

3 Likes

Any good news from asana team?

1 Like