Differentiate Tags and Projects in Board View

Hi, any update?
My team is evaluating a switch from Trello to Asana, and this might actually force us to switch back. We need the text to be displayed for Tags and Projects on the Kanban view, color isn’t enough.

3 Likes

This is a huge blocker for me as well. Really need this!

4 Likes

I threw together a plugin that solves this. It is not perfect, but I guess it solves the problem to some extent. I hope someone else, besides me, finds it useful.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this is working for me!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for sharing! It would be nice to have native support for this, but for now it solves the problem.

Thanks for this. Really needs to be native functionality but this is a great stopgap. Thanks so much.

I really wanted to use Asana but this is a blocker for me :frowning:

3 Likes

Check out my plugin :point_up_2: (it is a temporary solution). Not perfect but works for me until they have fixed this.

This is the best looking solution I’ve seen for this problem:

Whether it be based on tag, priority, etc, this is the best visual solution.

1 Like

Specifically, the post by Rolando_Evaristo

I tried out your chrome plugin, it doesn’t work for me anymore?

2 Likes

Same, I wasn’t able to get it to display text on tags.

Displaying the tag text on the board is a basic functionality. The aim of tags is to give a quick overview of the tasks and their affiliation. How are we supposed to remember the tags by their color? It’s disappointing that you’re not tackling this issue at all. This could be solved really quickly, since you already have a tag text implementation in the detail view. Please raise the priority of this ticket.
Thank you!

11 Likes

Chrome extension does not work. Why asana has not implemented this feature?
Even simpler trello nailed it. this is kinda disappointing when I was willing to move the team to asana? 10$ per user per month and there is no such simple feature

1 Like

+1 to this…

Hey @mikbo, your tool seems to have broke with an asana.com website update, specifically the feature referenced here of including the tag text on the board item. The tool does still expand the tag size (to a rectangle), but doesn’t add the text label within the tag. I’m assuming what happened is Asana changed the ID for the label, so the tool is no longer putting the label in the tag. Can you possibly fix this?

Hi - Came here because we moved from Trello and I missed being able to read tags on the board in Asana.

I found a workaround that works well for me. Instead of using tags I created a custom field (new dropdown) on the list view. I put all my tags as options in the dropdown (with same colours) and they display in a pill shape, with words, on the board.

4 Likes

it works! This makes me so happy!! Thank you!

Great workaround with the custom field. Lol to having to create “tags2” because the native tags field can’t do what it needs to in a board view.

1 Like

this is really useful ! thanks

1 Like