Disable "edit" mode

I don’t know if my setup is incorrect, but every time I click on a task to view it, the task appears but also the task name goes in to “edit” mode. I.e. it changes the task name in to an input field where I can edit the name. I am clicking on the task to view it, not to edit it. There is the danger that I may inadvertently change the task name.

Similarly, when I click in the task description, for example if I just want to copy and paste something, again it goes in to edit mode.

So it looks like this:

Is this the intended behaviour? Can it be disabled to prevent me from accidentally modifying the contents?

My guess is that it is intended behavior and I think that is very useful :sweat_smile: But I agree sometimes I changes task name by inadvertence.

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

To be honest I’ve never seen this behaviour on any other project management tools, e.g. Jira, Basecamp, Trello, etc.

If I click on a task to view it why I would it automatically assume I want to edit it? If I wanted to edit something I should just click on a pencil icon next to the thing I want to edit.

Actually Jira works exactly like this, when you click on a ticket title, is goes into edit mode.