Edit option for conversations and comments

I wonā€™t say that the lack of editing is a complete turn off, but it sure doesnā€™t help :slight_smile:

I would 100% love the ability to edit comments. Sometimes I forget to add a note, or I copy the wrong link, etcā€¦so many times when Iā€™ve growled at Asana because I couldnā€™t edit my commentā€¦

2 Likes

Agreed. This is a must-add.

1 Like

+1 for this feature

1 Like

Add me to the list please! I almost never get a comment right the first time!

1 Like

Yes, agree 1000% - I was surprised to find no edit function for conversations and comments. Please add this!

2 Likes

Yes - An edit feature is badly needed

2 Likes

Hi Product Team,

My team at Circle has been using Asana for a while now, most functionality and flow work well. There is the incapability of being able to edit a comment or task, to make it more relevant, fix a typo, add more information, and etcetera that would make a world of difference in the overall flow and cleanliness of the Task. Our current method is not user friendly, in copying a comment, deleting the old comment, and then pasting and making the edits/updates as needed. This not only is laborious but can also mess with the order in which the comments flow. Slack has this functionality and it makes the whole process of making amendments easier as well as it allows the user to not have to be occupied with getting every detail precise before hitting enter.

Any chance at adding that simple functionality will make a userā€™s experience and work flow more intuitive and free.

3 Likes

Yes, it would be great if we could edit comments, especially on mobile where there is no capability. (And mobile is where you generally make most of your typing errors)

Thanks,

4 Likes

This is for sure feature request no :one:
I have no explanation why this does not work, i would even say itā€™s ashaming that this is not supported out of the box.

1 Like

This feature is necessary to update longer posts, or else every small change becomes a long chain of comments.

2 Likes

Being able to edit comments would make such a huge difference: when comments are edited, what about notifying everyone in the thread so that thereā€™s visibility of these edits?

1 Like

Edit comments please

1 Like

Edit comment is a ā€œmust haveā€
Asana could add an icon like ā€œeditedā€ to indicate that comment was changed.

Itā€™s much better than removing the comment, and creating a new one at the bottom of the discussion.

3 Likes

Please! add this feature lpm!!

1 Like

Crazy to think that this isnā€™t supported. Iā€™m glad I came across this omission before I became too invested in the product.

1 Like

An editing function for conversations would be incredibly useful - especially if we could go back and append files after posting too.

With the editing function, adopting naming conventions for conversations, and then using them in the typeahead search bar (which is utterly brilliant) becomes another powerful organisational feature.

Very important feature !

1 Like

If no-edit is considered good for ā€œhistoryā€, at least allow a grace period (e.g. 15-60 mins) for fixing spelling errors, formatting issues, forgotten attachments, etc.

4 Likes

Editable conversations would also be very useful for including in custom templates. At the moment thereā€™s no reason to include any conversations in the template as they are fixed when the new project is instantiated.