Edit option for conversations and comments

Please add an option to Edit comments. I am currently evaluating Asana for use in my company and as such, am converting my tasks. I use comments to keep notes in the tasks and not being able to update them is a problem. I am used to using Evernote and not having this option is a deal-breaker for me. Otherwise, Asana is a great application and I can see us converting to it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Come on! Donā€™t be like Twitter. :slight_smile: We need to be able to edit comments.

1 Like

I completely agree! Please let us edit our conversations! In the way my team uses Asana, we use the conversations tab as an easy access of project information, and when the scope of work changes through the production of a project, we have to delete all previous information and reupload with updated information! It is very inconvenient. I am not sure why they didnā€™t allow this feature to begin withā€¦

1 Like

Agreed, in fact I came here looking for this option as could not find one. I am trying to use it for community audit purpose, and editing comments is critical feature required here.

Please please add the ability to edit comments. So annoying.

At this point, I suspect the a reasonable chunk of Asanaā€™s customer base is trained via Slack to assume comment editing. The inability to edit comments on Asana breaks mental workflows. Please address this.

1 Like

If youā€™re concerned about editing historical data, maybe just allow edit for a day or 2 after the initial comment? or make that edit window configurable by the admin?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried many plateform and found Asana the best one so far.
Mostly our team just throw ideas on conversation (which are not perfect from the beginning) and edit later (like FB)

No edit option is a big flaw and that makes me considering using other plateform.

So please add this feature.

Would love to see this, particularly as an administrator. My clients are responding to the email notifications and the entire email history + signature is being posted. Iā€™d love to be able to simply delete this erroneously-added information from their comments.

1 Like

Additionally, Iā€™d love to be able to delete comments by others. After all, Iā€™m the administrator! I can delete my own comments but not those of my team members.

2 Likes

OK Asana Team, the pressure is on :slight_smile: So what are you going to do about it? Upgrade comments edit, please.

Please add the EDIT COMMENTS feature to Asana!

1 Like

Hey @Asana people, are you waiting for an anniversary for this topic before you add edit-button to comments section :smiley:

3 Likes

again, why are we still waiting for this facility?..only to edit your own posts but must be allowable for grammatical and spelling errorsā€¦

1 Like

For the love all that is holy in UX, please do this. Iā€™ve havenā€™t felt so much hatred towards an app for its failure to have such an obvious feature in a long time. If some of my work didnā€™t require it, Iā€™d never touch Asana again for this reason alone.

1 Like

This is fixed now? Is there a release notes somewhere that mentions this and other changes?

NO - DONā€™T DO THAT
Comments are like emails sent to others
Description is the last-version of the task, the status
If you want to edit your comment, copy and paste in a new one.

One nice thing that disappeared is the ā€˜Undoā€™ for 30 seconds. It was useful.

Yep, got caught into this myself today. Very challenging and surprised this is not possible

I came here looking for the way to edit conversation posts because it didnā€™t occur to me that this would NOT EXIST. And here I am, one in a long line of people needing this functionality. Please address this.

3 Likes

More than a year later and no consideration for an essential feature! It is very disappointing! :rage:

3 Likes