Email link in conversations dissapears

When there are a lot of conversation in the list, the box at the bottom which holds the “email” link disappears and you cannot get it back.

Is there a way to avoid this
Lee

Hi @Lee_Howard - I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Could you please provide a screenshot? We’ll be happy to help.

This happens for me all the time too. I started noticing it few months ago.

When I switch to the Conversation tab in many of my projects, I can initially see the instructions and project email address but then it disappears as the pages loads the conversation messages.

Its doesn’t seem to happen on a new projects. Its only seems to happen after the project has had a few Conversation entries added to the page.

1 Like

Thanks for this detail! Looks like it’s a bug. I have forwarded your information and reported this to our product team.

I am experiencing this exact same issue. Is there a solution? Is the email address listed some other place that I can go to retrieve it?

Hi @Sherry_L! I would recommend trying these troubleshooting steps: Asana supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana Product Guide they might help solving your issue. Otherwise, you can also access this email address from here:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I dont have that drop down??
Please help, as this is starting to cause us problems
Lee

Hi @Lee_Howard. Have you tried to click on “Conversation” below your Team’s name in the left sidebar?

Do you see the drop-down menu at that stage?

Yes – but that is not the problem.

That gives me:
production@mail.asana.com

I need to get the link to the actual email within a project eg:

XXXXX-rate-review-ticket-system@mail.asana.com

Thanks for your reply @Lee_Howard. This thread was about emailing to a conversation, but from what I understand you’re looking to email to a project, is that correct?

If so, I would advise you to follow this path: Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

This is the part that disappears:

At the bottom of every project’s Conversations page, there is an email address listed. The email address for any project Conversation is [ProjectName]@mail.asana.com

So you cannot find the email address to use.

lee

1 Like

Thanks, I was hoping to add to the specific project conversation versus the team level conversation but I will keep looking. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Can anyone help with this???

Apologies for the late follow-up @Lee_Howard. I see what you mean, and in fact, I’m having the same problem, so I have escalated the issue to our Development Team.

In the meantime, here is how you can workaround this problem. All projects conversations email addresses are built on the same structure: “[ProjectName]@mail.asana.com” so if your project is called “Marketing” you can create a conversation using “Marketing@mail.asana.com”. If your project’s title is made of several words, simply replace spaces by “-”; for example if your project is called “Social Media Marketing” should be able to start a conversation in this project by sending an email to “Social-Media-Marketing@mail.asana.com”.

If you need to, you can also refer to the section “Email to Project Conversations” of this article: Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

My apologies for the inconvenience, I understand this is not the most convenient, but it might be a good workaround for the time-being. I’ll keep you posted about the bug I filed as soon as I have updates. Thanks for your patience Lee, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you. Please let me know how it goes

Lee

Any update on this problem?

Thanks for following up @Lee_Howard. Our Team is definitely aware of this issue and planning to fix it, but I don’t have any precise timeline to share at the moment. I’m closely following this bug and will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update. Have you been able to use the workaround I gave you earlier on? My sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your patience.

1 Like