Email signature image files

Ah! Sorry, totally missed that distinction.

1 Like

Are there any updates on this status as Iā€™ve been watching and waiting for a simple resolution and while there is a screen shot made by Crystal, Iā€™m regrettably unable to find this ā€œattachmentsā€ box to un select and test out the theory so that email signatures are not included in responses.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Any updates on this? Itā€™s a really big problem. We just started using Asana but Iā€™m considering looking for alternative platforms. Getting multiple emails for each reply is simply not tolerable. Some feedback on this from Asana would be nice.

1 Like

Iā€™m new to Asana (and generally love it) and this bugs the hell out of me - I am a little bit surprised this issue has not been addressed. Simply having a global add-in option to not attach any files by default and then have the user can pick out the file(s) from the to attach would surely be a very quick and simple option to implement.

I have to remove 7 signature image files from my companies signature file on every post - Iā€™d rather click once than 8 times to (remove 7 and) attach one file and it also means I really have to think - do I really need this file? Other than that the add in is extremely useful - but I am tired of clicking away at that attachement list after just a few days of using asanaā€¦

1 Like

Also - Could Asana not post everyones full name on the forum post (Marie?)

Welcome to the Forum @Simon_Kutassy! Glad to hear you are enjoying Asana :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand your point. Please, have a look at the workaround above, you might find some useful in the meantime.

You can modify or delete your surname following these steps:

• Click on your profile picture
  • Click on your name on the at the left top
  • Click on Preferences
  • Modify your username and/or full name.

I hope this helps @Simon_Kutassy ! :slight_smile:

@Simon_Kutassy and @Natalia, If I recall, there are some consequences to changing your username which I canā€™t fully recall, but led me not to change my username though I wanted to. Maybe @Marie recalls? Like losing links or mentions to past history. If youā€™re not so active, itā€™s probably less consequential.

Hope that helps (though not very specific and a google search didnā€™t immediately turn up much for me),

Larry

I wish I could vote for this feature 50 more times. Clients will often respond to Asana tasks via email (vs. directly through the app/platform) and the images in their signature are always attached to the task after they respond. Their lengthy signature is also included in their comment and it unnecessarily clutters the comment section. Hope a fix gets pushed out sooner than later.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug youā€™re experiencing:

Email comment response to Asana task is copying in ā€œjunkā€ png attachments and url links into task from the senderā€™s signature line and other graphic images in message, not true attached files. Company logo, Facebook link image, Instagram link image, etc. Company uses Outlook for email.

Steps to reproduce:

Email a response to a followed task.

Browser version:

All.

Upload screenshots below:

Here is example of junk urls links.

Capture >>tried uploading file

apparently uploading and dragging is not working for this message (using Microsoft Edge)

Welcome to the Forum @Ed_Burtner and thank you for taking time to report this behaviour.

This is a known issue and there is a popular thread in the #productfeedback category of the Forum. Iā€™m merging your post with this thread to consolidate feedback. Iā€™ll recommend you to cast your vote by clicking on the Vote button next to the title.

As it stands, there are a few workarounds and tips for this issue: Iā€™d suggest you to have a look at the tip provided by Mark here. The other option is to manually remove the signature from the email before forwarding it to Asana.

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a nice week Ed!

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I looked at options for workaround and really donā€™t see a practical procedure.

Getting our salespeople to just use Asana has been a hurdle. Asking them to switch to plain text or to modify their email format is too much to ask or expect. Asana needs to provide a fix, perhaps an option in the configuration for particular Projects or universal to a siteā€™s Asana platform.

1 Like

I totally understand it @Ed_Burtner and sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with a more practical workaround here. On my end, Iā€™ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information or a more feasible workaround to help you in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience Ed. Have a nice day!

As someone whoā€™s still trying to encourage more users to engage in best practice in Asana Iā€™ve recently come across this problem, especially as our signatures have recently been significantly image enriched. I like the suggested solution to convert responses to plain text, but it relies on users being pro-active, and we all know how easy it isnā€™t to encourage universal behaviour.

I just read through this whole email chain, and i have to say, the suggestion by @Ryan_Ovens seems at first glance both sensible and not too hard to implement. (Email signature image files - #13 by Ryan_Ovens) .

Either Introduce a delimiter value that can be used, or possibly include the delimiter in the asana generated email (maybe even use the line From: xx via Asana (reply-url). Only content above that is likely to be strictly required, no?
Given that each email is individually generated, there is unlikely to be a case where content is present below this line that needs to be imported into the conversation.

2 Likes

I would like to reiterate this complaint since it seems to have been more than 10 months since the last request and it is still an ongoing issue. We have a client who is using a board with us and is irritated by the extra clutter in the Files folder caused by her email signature image files. I have no way to remove them without deleting the conversation, but the conversation is a fundamental task for our project. I do not want to have to delete and recreate tasks every time our client replies by email. Thank you for your attention to this issue, please provide a workaround as soon as possible.

1 Like

@Natalia any update on this - it is a huge barrier to onboarding people to asana, as we know have endless distracting conversations of ā€œwhat is this attachment you have addedā€ - when it is just the signature bumpf.

We want people to start engaging with asana and email reply is great but not if you get 4+ notifications for each reply.

Our signatures are added by the server so we canā€™t even remove at client side in Outlook.

+1, I love the e-mail import option but feel guilty when my e-mail signature images show up in new tasks created. Would be great to have this request implemented.

2 Likes

+1 This would be great.

Iā€™m a new user. Most of the email I receive or send has a JPG or similar image in the email signature that I want to keep when sending, but I would prefer to not have this saved as an attachment when itā€™s forwarded to Asana. Is that possible?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @anon58457058!

Any images in your signature or your email are automatically added as attachment in Asana, more info here Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide

I have found an existing feedback request regarding this topic so I have merged your request into that one. Donā€˜t forget to leave your vote.