Email tasks to a specific section under a project

Hi

I am aware and have used the feature of emailing tasks to a specific project in Asana. However, was wondering if there is a way to email the task to a specific section in the project?

Thanks

Not at the moment, sadly. That would be quite awesome I agree. Emailing task could be way more powerful in many ways.

4 Likes

There is if you are a Microsoft Outlook user. We included that by purpose and it is one of our most popular features.

. Our add-in is www.sendana.net

4 Likes

Hi, I am curious if it is possible to email a task to a specific section within a Project? For example, I use a Asana project for weekly meetings, and i’d like to create an email domain for team members to email tasks to the “Agenda” section of my project? Is this possible?

It is possible with the Microsoft Add-in Sendana.net but I do not believe it is possible with the native Asana email system or either one of the the GMail or Outlook add-ins.

Hi @azendejas and welcome to the Forum!

I can confirm what @James_Carl already explained; as it stands, it is not possible to email a task in a specific section from using this method or the Gmail/Outlook add-ons. Hopefully this is somehting we can implement in the future!

In the meantime, since we already have a thread on this topic, I have gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread, hope that’s ok!

Has this been made possible? How to email into a specific section?

Or a way to automate tasks coming in from the Email Import to be applied to a specific section using Asanas business or premium tools?

Hi @Motor, I can confirm this is not possible at the moment. I don’t believe we have a #productfeedback topic yet for this request, so feel free to create a new one so you and other community members can start supporting this request!

Hi @Motor,

FYI this is now possible using the Hashtag Automation workflow of Flowsana - you can now have a task placed into a certain section when you email it into Asana. How it works: you just include # and the section name in the email body; for example, putting

#New leads

will cause the new task to be saved into the “New Leads” section/column.

1 Like

Is there a link for this topic in feedback that we can vote on to have something natively in Asana (without an add-on)? I’d love this feature from Gmail where it was a specific URL/address for sections.

2 Likes