Email to project creates a new task upon replying to email rather than chain it

Hi ,

I am using the Email to Project feature to auto generate task from an email
However, each activity on the original thread, creates another task, rather than chain it to the original task

I know of no way that Asana adds comments to an original task without being a notification sent by Asana as a result of your notification settings that is replied to.

My issue isn’t with the notification…
The task is re created again and again for each response to the original thread

1 Like

What I am saying is there is no way that I know of to chain to the original task. I am assuming your chain is sending to the project address per Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide which will indeed create a new task. There is no way for the chain to be sent as an email as a comment. Comments can only be added from replying to Asana generated notifications. This is to the best of my knowledge.

Dossier’s email-to-task automation creates Asana tasks from incoming or outgoing emails, and all replies to emails are automatically handled and added to the original task.

• Tasks get added either to a single project, or each external domain can go to its own Asana project (ex. all emails from fedex.com go to project Fedex).
  • Tasks created from email get assigned to the recipient of the email.
  • All cc’d team members who have Asana accounts get added as collaborators in Asana.
  • All future replies to that email thread on Gmail/Outlook/Exchange get added as comments.
  • Closing tasks in Asana archives the emails in Gmail.

See video Using Asana to Organize Customer Email to learn more about this integration. You can sign up at https://www.dossier.work.

1 Like

Hi @Eyal_Sharon and apologies for the trouble here! Looks like you’re experiencing the same issue than this other user. Please refer to the solution in this post, it should allow you to avoid this issue!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!