Employee marks repeating task complete and issues ensue

My employees say that when they mark a task complete, they gets multiple email notifications and the task will repopulate multiple times on the same day (when it is set up to repopulate to a day in the future). Here is what they said:

"So I have noticed that when I complete a task on Asana, it creates the same task through my name and so I have multiple of the same task. It also won’t get rid of past tasks that I either didn’t mark off or I wasn’t here for (even if I go back and click them off!) Have either of you found a way around this? I was able to delete repetitions, but I don’t know how to stop the repetition. "

"Yeah the Asana check lists frustrate me because it will never take away the ones I mark off so I end up with dozens of the same tasks and it just floods and gets unorganized and so I just look at my notifications in my email and check it off in my head. "

Hi @Aspen and apologies for the late reply!

Sounds like this task is set to repeat (How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide).

If these are subtasks and they’re not set to repeat, I’d recommend that the parent task is a recurring task; that would explain why subtasks are also repeating.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Yes, it is set to repeat but that doesn’t explain why it is repeating
multiple times on the same day when it should reschedule for a week to
three months out.

Aspen

1 Like

In order to help you further, we would need to look at the task itself in more details. Could you please reach out to our support team at Asana Support - Help Center • Asana so they can investigate this further for you?