Everhour Integration

I haven’t actually used Everhour with Asana - Has anyone been able to use it to forecast hours for a task?

Thoughts on Everhour vs. Toggl?

1 Like

Hi @paulminors! I haven’t but I’m testing it now… and also hope to use it for forecasting. I’ll pop back into this thread with any findings. :slight_smile:

@Amy_Mitchell I know this is a relatively old thread, but did you ever come to any conclusions about this? Just trying to think through a comparison of several time tracking services, Everhour & Toggl among them!

Hi @Alastair_Cheng what do you mean by forecasting?
We are experienced Everhour-user in our company thanks to the great Asana-connectivity.

If you mean forecasting by having an overview on all the time needed for several tasks, that’s what Everhour does: We always add an “estimation” to the task and while working on it we see for example “1h20 of 4h00” worked. Also on the top of the project you can see the overall time worked and its estimation.

Do you need a screenshot? Or/and can you explain more what you need to know?
Best regards,
Ben
Asana Solutions Partner

1 Like

Hi @Alastair_Cheng! The project I was working on shifted and I didn’t end up finishing the testing - but, my experience was that Everhour was a better fit with Asana! Looks like @Benedikt_Pencet will be a good resource for this though!

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Benedikt - ended up offline for a few days, but appreciate you jumping in. Basically, our company’s trying to find a user-friendly time tracking solution, on two fronts:

1. Basic estimate tracking per task, for comparison vs. actual execution time - obviously doable just with custom fields in Asana, but certainly the inclusion of baked-in estimates in Everhour was one of the things that attracted me to it as a possible add-on.

2. Bigger-picture resource allocation planning, via forecasting of how much time employees will spend on a given project or set of tasks, say for the upcoming week. It would be great to be able to say “X has 40 hours of capacity this week, and they plan to spend it on projects A, B and C.”

So all that to say, I was just curious what people’s experience had been, and whether there were any big lessons people had arrived at. The generic threads on this forum about time tracking are fine, as far as they go, but there are an increasing number of options & variables to sift through, so I was curious to hear in more detail about any head-to-head comparisons people had done.

(I’ve used Toggl before to track personal time use, but Everhour’s richer features & deeper integration made me set up a test account after first posting this. I’m finding that it theoretically does everything I want, but so far find it less intuitive/easy-to-use than Toggl, from things like burying the actual time ranges covered by a given task to the lack of an idle alarm function on running tasks.)

2 Likes

@Alastair_Cheng: I was just aware of this thread. @Benedikt_Pencet is in on of my teams so we share the same setup using Asana + Everhour + some other tools.

Everhour is rather good when it comes to estimates and time tracking on the and project level. It also supports budgets on projects (we don’t use that). We do struggle a bit when it comes to resource planning as by your point 2. We tried to use the Everhour-integrated tool. It’s not bad but does not feel as comfortable as it could. Eventually we decided to use another general purpose tool for that (not, it’s not Excel :wink: ).

I’m curious to learn what progress you made meanwhile.

Patrick

1 Like

Hi all,

Yes, we have both simple task estimates and a resource planner. The next step we are taking is to sync your Asana assignments with Everhour and their task estimates. We would like to present a solution this quarter.