Evernote Attachements

Hi there!

I would love to see an Evernote integration where we could upload & attach actual notes from our Evernote to cards/tasks.

You may not be able to add the note per se, but you can certainly add the URL of the Evernote to open it with one click.

That’s right, url of Evernote can be added on a task, but that’s kind of weak both ways I fouund:

1. On its description due to the chance of missclicking and change any character on the link and wasting it that easy, and also due to the fact that the description box gets filled by the link and loses effectiveness in other senses.
  2. By linking it on a comment instead we can avoid that risk, and yeah, we can make it to be the first comment, or just one of the first ones if there are many…

Anyway, we could also do so with the comment of an attached file being attached, but we don’t need to, just because those files are shown above on the attached list, which has a strong logical reason: to make it easier.

I love those clever shortcuts in design that Asana provides us with, and I wonder how far we are from getting the chance of adding notes and norebooks from Evernote same than files and folders from Drive or Dropbox.

That would be handy and efficient by itself, but also would make it easier for us to teach new users that we want/need in our teams.
By my experience, for some people I want to work with it is already kind of annoying to learn how to use new tools (which today it is very often not just a new tool for them, but “one more new tool…” of a growing number). And even when they are willing to, there is an adaptation time to Asana, as we call it, which can be from long to very long in many common scenarios, and the reason why I am giving this feedback now it is because I feel like both topics are connected.

By being able to attach Evernotes, we would avoid to mess our mates heads up with extra dose of corrections, by repeating again and again: “no, please, don’t this thing link this way, this is a dirve file, it should be attached there so we can also find it easier on that other tab”. “No, Evernote notes can’t be found among other files in the file tab, you should remember the task where you can find those links”…
Being notes and files, folders and notebooks, so similar, this is happening again and again and not only when there is a new member on the team. So, it makes us lose energy, time and motivation usually in small doses but many times. And sometimes, a not-found file or note carries a delay which leads to a domino effect, to speak it in a nice way.

I would like to use Asana more and more and that is why my concern about this topic. Is attaching Evernotes to tasks is on schedulle?

For the rest, I am new in the forum and this is my first message here so I want to thank the developers for the many things that work just great in Asana, and also thank the community, as I guess many people has helped around since much before my team even knew about its existence :wink: