Extremely slow user interface

When the project has more than 500 tasks, dragging the task up and down becomes very difficult. Dragging can take a few seconds - it’s impossible to work. If the computer is very powerful, then the task drags faster, but still slow and inconvenient.
1000 tasks - this is not 100k tasks, everything should work very quickly.

Hi @DmitryTyurev! Marie here from Asana. Thank you so much for your feedback! I believe these issues are very variable depending on your computer robustness as well as the quality of your internet connexion. That said, our Team, constantly work on improving performances (if you’re interested, I would recommend you checking out this post dedicated to performances from our Blog https://blog.asana.com/2017/08/asana-speed-performance-updates-2017-beyond/).

In the meantime, I would recommend you to break up your biggest projects in smaller “sub-project” to avoid loading issues or slow drag and drop! Sorting out projects by due dates (or other filters), might be causing this type of issue too, especially if your project contains a lot of tasks, so you might want to keep this in mind when creating your project.

My apologies that I can’t be of a greater assistance here, but rest ensured that performances remain one of our top priority!

Have a great day!

it would be nice if there was a page that showed the performance characteristics of ASANA. That way if it was “all green” we would know that it might be an issue on “our side of the house” versus Asana’s.

I have a great 300Mb internet connection at home. Everything looks great to me, but yet the Asana App is slow when I move between projects.