Feature Request: Calendar View - Tasks by Date Completed

Having the calendar view is great for seeing upcoming due dates, but for productivity reviews, our team could really benefit from being able to see when tasks were actually completed

2 Likes

@ithinkson While I don’t think you can get the actual completion date without going through the API, completion date is a field in Advanced Searches where you can specify things like completed in the last 10 days, etc. You then can click the Calendar on the Advanced Search.

1 Like

Hi @lhinkson -

This is possible!

I’d recommend creating an Advanced Search and searching for completed tasks with an X time frame. From there, you can then view the tasks in the calendar view. I’d then recommend saving this search view!

@James_Carl - you were right on the money.

Thanks both! This is very helpful

1 Like

I think this is related: it would also be great if for tasks that had no dates set to them, they would show up in calendar view on their completed date. This again would not help planning but would help in tracking personal/team progress. (let me know if I should post this as a new topic)

1 Like

Hello,

I would be great when we complete a task, that the task is shown as completed the day it is completed on the calendar.

This means that when you set a due for friday and that when you complete it on Tuesday, the task is moved to tuesday.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Valentin_Beslouin, that’s an awesome idea! :slight_smile:

When searching for tasks (and saving it as a report), the calendar view only shows when tasks are due, even completed ones.

It would be nice if completed tasks were displayed on the date they were completed. I’d like to use it as a way to look at the work that was completed over a time period (searching for completed tasks), but right now, a lot of our tasks are calendared next week (when they were due) vs last week (when they were completed).

Agree totally. It’s an important way to monitor progress of the group. Due date is not a reliable proxy for completed date.

1 Like

You can use the Rules to do that, see The Date Equalizer in The coolest Asana rules 😎

4 Likes

Greetings! It would not be bad in the Calendar section for each user to enable the view of completed tasks without taking due date into account. That is, I completed 5 tasks on July 21, and I see them in the calendar placed in the square on July 21, although due date may be July 25. The next day I completed 2 tasks, and I will see them on the calendar on this date. Then each user will be able to see how much he has done in total, for example, in a week and evaluate his productivity, whether there is a due date in the task or not.

In the List section, you can see what was done in the week, but to the right of the task you never see the task completion date, only due date.

2 Likes

Hi @anon1590062, thanks for reaching out!

Good question, we have an existing product feedback thread about this topic. I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with Feature Request: Calendar View - Tasks by Date Completed to centralize votes.

I also recommend you checking this comment in the main thread:

I hope this helps!

1 Like