Feature Request: Expand All Comments etc

comments

In general we really like how Asana handles viewing comments when there are lots of them in a task. We think it’s great that it initially hides most of them and makes you click the “x more comments” link because it keeps the initial view short and sweet. But there’s two improvements I’d like to see for when tasks have lots of comments:

1. We could use an “expand all” option. After I click the “x more” link, it’s often the case that many of the comments are themselves truncated. And I have to click the “see more” link on each one if I really want to see the full conversation. This can sometimes take a while. Please give us a way to expand all the comments with one click.

2. The app should remember my settings for a particular task, at least for a while. It’s happened to me several times that I take the time/toil to expand every comment in a long convo. Then I have to click over to another task for just a minute to check something. When I come back all the comments are truncated again, gotta start over. [insert Homer Simpson emoji] I would love it if it would remember which comments I had expanded, so I can navigate without fear. Even if this expired after a day or two and reverted back to the default, it would be a big improvement. Mostly this is an issue that bites me within a short period of time.

Thanks for listening!

I’d really like this feature. I don’t necessarily need it to remember the expand all state, but I’d like a button for it badly. Just being able to know everything is expand it and be able to do it again if I leave the task and come back would help me.

We have detailed notes in comments, some that go on for pages. My use case is that I often want to find the particular comment where a topic is discussed so I just do a search in my browser for the word or phrase I’m looking for. For this to be effective I have to expand old comments, and then I have to expand individual comments. This is troublesome and time consuming and if I miss one I either think I have the wrong task of spend time searching for “see more” (this is actually my process now when I begin doing this: search for see more and then click them all until the search results go to zero).