Feature Request: Filter Board by assigned user

Hello,

I love the Boards project type and use it regularly in out dev team.
But it is getting harder to use is with bigger team, there is so many tasks that assigned users cannot see them.
One nice feature that would make them even more useful would be the ability to filter tasks by assigned user with current logged user.

Thanks!

8 Likes

Filtering by tags would be very useful as well (would help filtering by Project, plateform (mobile, web, etc.)…)

9 Likes

Yes +1 on the feature request.

If I remember well the video demo from Microsoft Planner, it looks like they were offering this feature. I hope Asana will offer that as well.

3 Likes

+1 on this as well. Loving boards and this would really help my team.

2 Likes

+1! We cannot use boards if every dev cannot see only assigneed tasks.

5 Likes

Filter by tags, projects and assigned users is a very useful (and a must-be-basic) feature for board views.

Custom fields is not a solution as we are using board view as a secondary view for multiple list type projects’s tasks to see on what projects the team is working on (backlog, in progress, on review). Now each team member has it’s own backlog column but it’s not a solution.

2 Likes

Would really love to see this feature.
The lack of this feature is the only reason I am still searching for a better tool.
To be able to slice and dice in the board view and filter out the exact view you need for the moment is essential to make the tool work.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Need this feature!

4 Likes

Look into Trello if you want a more powerful board style project management app. I use both Asana and Trello because of this, since some projects require lots of contextual filtering which Asana can’t offer. On the flip side, Asana is much better at managing bulk actions because of the list view and the ability to have tasks across different projects, which Trello does not have.

Hopefully they inch closer to matching Trello’s more powerful board features, this would likely put them ahead in that area.

3 Likes

Agree with the above. Copy what Trello does well. Now I need to use two tools which feels annoying when Asana has so much else to offer.

2 Likes

Agree. I want and need the same feature; to be able to filter the Board view to only my tasks.

1 Like

+1
It’s really frustrating to have a board view and 10 people trying to find their tasks. How hard can it be to filter on user and stay with the board? :slight_smile:
Would help a lot!

6 Likes

At foursquare we wanted this so bad we wrote our own chrome plugin to get this feature.

Ideal would be a generic filter for asignee/tag/custom fields. you have this functionality already in your search, but it restructures the results into a list format which is not useful.

6 Likes

I was thinking if doing just that. Is the chrome extension your team built available online? Or is it internal only?
We would love to use it at our company if it’s published to the chrome store!

5 Likes

BIG NEED for our team as well!

Big need for us as well - debating having to switch off the platform to Trello in order to get (and we’re a paid, 5-department company that’s fully rolled out Asana already)

1 Like

After 14+ months of waiting for simple filtering we launch our plan to move into JIRA platform.

Hello, I suggest that you add a feature that will help us filter the tasks by member and view them in the current board structure.

For example: Let’s say I created 3 columns: Todo - In Progress - Done. I will see the tasks of all my team. However, If I want to see my tasks, all I can do now is search for my name, and I get them in a list format. It would be good to see only my tasks in the board format.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Up!
Feeling the same pain here.

2 Likes

Would be wonderful!