Feature Request: Public Links

I’d love to be able to provide a completely public link to a project or task. This would allow integration on existing websites with no export or middleware. There could be a few options to configure what elements of the page get shown, but it would essentially be read-only (perhaps with the ability to comment if desired), so this is a completely different feature than guest access. In other words, there’s no login required.

My primary use case would be public progress reporting. This also seems like a good way for Asana to increase exposure; a tasteful “Powered by Asana” link and the asana.com address would serve as free ads for the platform.

14 Likes

Yes. So many of the people we work with just need to be able to see the plan and see progress within that plan – they don’t need to comment or post updates. Having a public link that allows anyone to see a plan WITHOUT SIGNING IN would eliminate all the work we currently devote to having to print/format reports for clients who don’t use (or don’t want to use) Asana.

4 Likes

One way to show the latest progress is to import the project into Instagantt. It’s free for 3 projects and there’s an option for a public link to the latest status snapshot. It also has other functionality that I like: baselines to track project changes, task dependencies that can be copied to a new project and viewable subtasks.

Ellen (I don’t work for Instagantt but I love it)

1 Like

This would be super useful. Basecamp 3 and a bunch of others have it. Sometimes, you just need to share a task with a client or someone else who’s not on the team.

1 Like

Yes, we really need this, more for boards than for lists. Asana public boards could compete with Trello public boards e.g. for public product roadmaps.

Another vote for this please! It would be infinitely useful

1 Like

Yes, I’d like a Public Board for a Public Product Roadmap similar to that of Trello. Is this currently possible/worthwhile through any workarounds on Asana?

That would be so useful, big YES PLEASE vote!

1 Like

Yes, we’d really love this in our company

in desperate need of this

There used to be 3rd party integration, three-dotss cms that implemented the feature, but too little users used it and even smaller number were willing to pay for it, that it was discontinued.

Yes I had to discontinue the project :frowning:

Is there any way that sharing boards is back on the table in the new realm of where the world will be working more remotely today?

Not that we know of and Asana is not sharing their roadmap anyway :grinning:

If someone is interested, I put together a way to have an Asana project exported as a website publicly available. That requires a bit of work to setup (that I can do), but then it runs smoothly. Contact me in DM for more info!

Perhaps being able to share the dashboard publicly? Like an embed?

Asana is yet to invest on the “make things public to the outside world” but I am confident they will! :muscle:

1 Like

After 4 years you would think this would be implemented :confused:

Indeed…

I would love to be able to share publicly. I tried to incorporate several others a year ago and there was such resistance to adopting the app that I was forced to go in a different direction. Disappointing because I have invested hundreds of hours into my project management. Didn’t anticipate this roadblock!

1 Like