Feature Request: Public Links

I’d love to be able to provide a completely public link to a project or task. This would allow integration on existing websites with no export or middleware. There could be a few options to configure what elements of the page get shown, but it would essentially be read-only (perhaps with the ability to comment if desired), so this is a completely feature than guest access. In other words, there’s no login required.

My primary use case would be public progress reporting. This also seems like a good way for Asana to increase exposure; a tasteful “Powered by Asana” link and the asana.com address would serve as free ads for the platform.

Yes. So many of the people we work with just need to be able to see the plan and see progress within that plan – they don’t need to comment or post updates. Having a public link that allows anyone to see a plan WITHOUT SIGNING IN would eliminate all the work we currently devote to having to print/format reports for clients who don’t use (or don’t want to use) Asana.

One way to show the latest progress is to import the project into Instagantt. It’s free for 3 projects and there’s an option for a public link to the latest status snapshot. It also has other functionality that I like: baselines to track project changes, task dependencies that can be copied to a new project and viewable subtasks.

Ellen (I don’t work for Instagantt but I love it)

This would be super useful. Basecamp 3 and a bunch of others have it. Sometimes, you just need to share a task with a client or someone else who’s not on the team.

Yes, we really need this, more for boards than for lists. Asana public boards could compete with Trello public boards e.g. for public product roadmaps.

Another vote for this please! It would be infinitely useful