Read Receipt or Notification when a Teammate has seen their Task, a Conversation, or a Comment

Hi there!

Asana is almost perfect, but with a few additions, it could truly be the one-stop shop for project management. And one of the ways in where it is lacking is knowing if a team member has logged into Asana and seen their tasks, a comment, or a conversation.

This feature is available in messenger apps like Facebook Messenger and iMessage Read Receipts. Having tiny bubble icons underneath a message, with the possibility for a rollover popup to say the date and time that it was read, would be perfect!!

Thanks so much Asana!

5 Likes

I agree with a read receipts emoji or icon, would be really handy with our insurance forms for our advisers. Thank you Asana

It would be fantastic to have the ability to know who has seen a task. Knowing that an employee has seen the assigned task alleviates the curiosity on managements end. Also if our employees are aware that we know they have seen their assigned tasks, it can increase all around urgency and efficiency. It is a feature I have seen on other project management platforms and think it would be very well received on Asana’s platform.

Thank you @JP_Bisilliat for bringing this up. I too have been curious on what others are doing for a workaround. From a manager perspective I can see how important the reporting function would be. Could a sub-task help with with this scenario?

I currently require my team to “like” a task when they first see it… of course that leaves it up to them to decide when it is “seen” . It would be easier to have something along the lines of a read receipt just like when sending an iMessage.

Hi everybody! :wave: and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merge your posts with it to consolidate feedback in one thread. I hope that’s OK!

Have a great Monday! :grinning:

1 Like

I agree with you guys.
Such feature would be great for an audit purpose for example, as sometimes is difficult to know if a colleague has read some task.
This feature could be like that one used on whatsapp!
Cheers!

Hey Natalia! Thanks for keeping track of the comments or posts. But I posted this feedback about 2 years ago, and it seems to still be a feature that Asana lacks. Do you have any idea if this is coming soon, or…?

Hi @sigma.dolins :wave:

Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information to share on this topic at the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do!

Have a great Thursday!

Just to add that I also had this thought - it would be great to have a more general indication of who has viewed a task (not just the task owner) and when. Having said that, it might be good to have an icon by the “assigned to” field to show that the assignee has seen it as well as that’s most likely the important one.

Whilst my head is in this frame of mind - read receipts for comments too, would be great! Sometimes I comment on a task and have no real way to know if the comment has been seen by my team members.

Our agency switched from Monday.com, and the read receipts is one of the two features (threaded conversations being the other) that our creative team really misses from that platform. It would be great to have this feature on Asana!

2 Likes

This would be an extremely useful feature to me, as I use Asana to assign tasks to clients, and I have had multiple instances where Asana emails “disappear” into a corporate email system and I have no idea they never even saw the Asana notification, until I send a separate email to them asking why they haven’t replied to the Asana task. This makes me look unprofessional, and I’d love to be able to see when/if they see the Asana task.

Any updates on this feature request? It’s even used on M$ Teams!

It would be great if we can get that feature implemented.

Are read receipts a feature which is available? This would be really useful. Can you point me in the right direction if so.
If not, can this be something developed for the future?

1 Like

Hi,

This is not something that exist. Sometimes the like button is used as an acknowledgment.

That’s a shame. Are there any plans to add this feature?

Hi @Erica_Banes, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to give you and other users the opportunity to vote for this feature request!

I’ll keep you updated if anythings changes. Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future! :slight_smile:

Show who is viewing your comments on Asana tasks. Maybe even who is viewing the tasks themselves, but definitely want to be able to see when someone I’ve tagged in a comment sees - would be helpful to know before tagging them again.