Feature Request

customer-feedback
feature

A feature that I think would be useful is a feature that informs you whether Sub-sub tasks have been inputted. Going through my own tasks I have noticed that the only way to figure out if sub tasks have sub tasks is through opening up each sub task. It would be helpful if there was a feature like the comments feature, that tells you if comments have been made within the sub-tasks. This is a useful feature as when there are a lot of tasks you forget which ones have sub-sub tasks and which ones do not and this uncertainty is a annoyance as each subtask needs to be opened up to confirm.

Totally agree with this. I have seen some software that puts an icon next to where Asana has the complete check mark to indicate that a sub-task exists and maybe even serve to open the task to see them.

I just figured out today that followers of tasks aren’t notified of actions on subtasks because each subtask can have its own followers. That makes sense now, but it would nice to have a “Follow All Subtasks” option.

Great points! Thanks, all.

this feature is much appreciated :+1:

Hi all,

The nested (tree style) visualization has been the best so far in my experience. In the image below you see a part of a project of mine in ToDoist:

The main view and interaction with the tasks are very similar to Asana. The difference is that you can grab the task from the lever next to the status circle and move it both up/down and right/left. By moving a task one notch to the right, it becomes a sub-task of the task sitting above it (nesting it).

It is truly a great way to visualize multiple levels of sub-tasks (you see 3 in my example but you can have more levels) without ever having to open the task itself.

That would be a great feature for Asana because it will allow as to see all tasks in a single page.
By the way, it would also be useful if the allowed us to print that page (another important feature).

Thanks
Nikolas

A “won’t fix” option. Sometimes when I start tasks, I learn that they’re undoable, and I want to mark that I discarded the idea without saying that the task is “done.”

Yes, I have an integration between Asana and Instagantt. Instagantt has this nested task-structure making it very easy to have a complete overview of tasks and subtasks with expand and collapse options, but it would indeed be handy to have this available in Asana as well

Love this idea! Exactly what I had in mind, I came in here to pitch my idea and you already did all of the work. :grinning:

Me too! I came here to ask if the devs could place a small icon next to tasks with sub-tasks. I did a google search for Asana Feature Request and landed on this page.

Spooooky.

This is my biggest gripe with Asana & it’s so easy that I’m debating creating a browser extension to do it. Right now I run a JavaScript command to inject a style to change it. Asana displays the comment icon on these tasks, so someone has implemented this to some extent but it’s easy to miss.

Asana adds this CSS class .SubtaskTaskRow-detailsButton–hasMetadata to the items we want. At the least this could be colored something other than light gray. Even better, the whole row could be lightly colored.