File attachments while commenting

attachments
comments

Hi Asana team!

So every time I need to add a comment and an attachment in a task I have to first add my comment, and then scroll all the way to the top of the task, click on the attachment icon, and add the file/img/etc.

It would be super handy if the attachment icon was also located near the comment box so I could add a comment and attach a file at the same time. See mockup below.

If I’m understanding your issue correctly Nicholas, I’m having the same problem.

I drag and drop files to attach, but not being able to post a comment with a file attached to that specific comment is driving me crazy. It means an email gets sent to my team for the comment, and another for the attachment. And it’s hard to keep track of which comment goes with which attachment sometimes.

I hope I’m doing something wrong and a combined comment/attachment feature already exists, because if not, it’s a terrible oversight.

Hi @Nicholas_Fargher and @Logan_Tanner. So sorry for the late reply here! Unfortunately, as it stands it is not possible to add an attachment directly to a comment; the attachment would have to be attached separately. That said I can appreciate that this system can cause some confusion, and this is definitely something we might look into for future improvements. My apologies that I can’t be of greater assistance, but I hope this helps clarify the matter. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me knwo! :slight_smile:

@Marie I just appreciate the response and the transparency of letting us know the facts, good or bad. Hope it’s something that can be figured out for future updates.

Thanks!

also for us a must-have.

we must be able to have a documentation of the progress of the task like photo or screenshot.

so please make attachments possible on comments.

thanks
andy

I would really like this too,

We are an agency and every time we upload a new document for our clients we write a extra comment with additional information. Clients then get 2 notifications (onthe same minute) and they don’t see the slight difference between those two and then think we messed up or something is wrong. It is really frustrating.

You can attach a file to a conversation reply in the conversations-tab. This is how this should work.