Filtering Search Reports By Columns In 'Board' View Not Possible?

Why are sections (or columns) on ā€˜Boardā€™ view not treated the same as sections on ā€˜Listsā€™? Seems like reports arenā€™t accurate because you canā€™t filter by sections in ā€˜Boardā€™ view. There are some columns in ā€˜Boardā€™ view that I donā€™t need included on my reports but there is no way exclude them. My team prefers ā€˜Boardā€™ view but it seems like ā€˜Listā€™ view is preferred by Asana.

Itā€™s just that boards are new is all, they donā€™t feel new - but they are. Asana has had list view since inception, and board view for 6-9 months, so thereā€™s a lot of functionality theyā€™re still building out for Boards Iā€™d wager.

Thereā€™s tons of threads/calls for more robust filtering options on boards here, so itā€™s definitely on their radar!

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen the search issues it causes brought up, very important (perhaps more so than others!).

1 Like

I agree, this filtering search by columns in Board proyects is very usefull if you want to see the project as List project.
I guess this is a easiest and quick fix than the switching projects between Board and List issue.

I need to be able to create reports of tasks we need board approval on before sending them into our kanban flow. I canā€™t do this right now because the board export doesnā€™t even show the column name on it. If theyā€™d just include that it would be at least something I could use other than manually going through 100s of tasks on the board to find the ones I need to get approval on.

1 Like

I would like to search all of my projects to find tasks that are in a specific column name.
Example, I want to see all of my tasks in the ā€œBacklogā€ column of all my board projects.

1 Like

At this time we are unable to search for board column names. However, we definitely see the need for this! Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

+1 on this!

+1, need it!

I see I am unable to search for tasks in a specific column. This is surprising because looking at the same task in a multi-homed, list-based project, the column appears beside the board-based project just as if it were a section.

So the column, in the board-based project, is like a section in a list-based project. Except that you canā€™t use it in Advance Search like you can a section. This sounds like a missing piece in the build.

This is from a task that lives in list-based project [ePARC] and also in the board-based project [Sprint]. In the [Sprint] board, the task is in the [Build] column and appears as a section would. However, that ā€œsectionā€, or column, is not available in search.

1 Like

Hi guys! Itā€™s no possible to search your Board project by column! Have a look at this post: Advanced Search: you can now search by column in your Board project :slight_smile: