First day of the week

“If you want the Calendar to always show weekends, save the Calendar View with weekends showing as your default view.”

where do I save the Calendar View???

Hi @Shiran_Waldman,

You can find detailed instructions in this Guide article. Scroll to the bottom of the article for full instructions:

I too, would have loved to see Monday as the first week. It is so infuriating to have calendar starting with a free day when Asana is all about organizing your work. You would not believe how many times I’ve set due date to a wrong date only because literally every single calendar I use either starts with Monday or lets me change the settings.

I know Asana has only been translated recently but I believe not allowing us to change it to be very disrespectful. According to this map First Day of the Week in Different Countries half of the world starts on Monday, including whole Europe, and forcing an american view on the rest of the world is simply ego-centric.

I believe this issue should have been implemented years ago when first mentioned, we should not need to vote for such a basic feature.

I am sorry for such a strong opinion on this but that’s how I feel and I think you should receive feedback as accurately as possible.

3 Likes

I could not agree more. I also have all my calendars set to start with Monday. Asana is used to organize workflow, tasks and make all easier. But it has this big issue that confuses a lot. Instead of making everything a no brainer, you actually need to adjust and remember that calendar is different in Asana.

I also agree that forcing the American way is egocentric. Outside of North America the world actually turns around the sun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please make it possible to set Monday as the first day of the week. I thought that option to change that was missing by mistake, but it still isnt there.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes, i’m agree with Vit_Pejcoch, this option should be present, espacially since the translation of Asana in french, dutch, spanish. Those contries start week on monday.

This option could take place near the language choice, it’s a parameter witch came from country localisation. Or, turn on mondy automatically with language choice ?

While waiting for this improvement, we use the opportunity to “Hide the week-end” on the calendar. But, it’s a bypass !

1 Like

Yes please make Monday the first day of the week! And add presets, so that we don’t have to change that all the time. That would be awesome!!! )

Will you please give us the ability to change the start days for a week? Our organization starts a work week on Mondays, so we need a calendar view that goes from Monday through Sunday.

Thank you

I’d also like Monday as first day of week on all views. (Sweden). Thanks!

1 Like

finally! after few years this feat is released :slight_smile:

It is? I am not seeing it.

2 Likes

com-2018-01-16-16-55-41-158

4 Likes

I can’t see this option yet… @Alexis is this rolled out to everyone?

Please make it possible to change first day of week. We start week on Saturday.

Hey @Tom_Suberg/ @David_Kinoranyi/@Johannes_Deml/@Farsan_Maheronnaghch/@iftach/@Oren/@Pauline_Sonmereyn/ @treszy/ @Shelly_Yair/ @Lola/ @Niklas/ @Simonas/ @Daniel_Liska/ @Ron_van_Rooij/ @Luka_Princic/ @Bridget_Lee/ @Zura_Jijavadze/ @Ivan_Buyavets/ @Mario_Dederichs/ @Samuel_Lehotsky/ @Vit_Pejcoch/ @Cyrille/ @Roman_Firnkranz/ @CJ_Knight/ @Ruth_Lund/ @Tom_Suberg/ @M11

Michael from Asana here!

Congrats @Mikolaj, you caught this update first :slight_smile:

Our team of developers have integrated your feedback by enabling you to select a “First day of the Week” in your Personal Account Settings!

Currently this is only available for around half of our users (as we AB test to ensure smooth sailing prior to a 100% launch) though we hope to roll this out to all our members in the very near future!

Thank you all again for sharing your feedback on this feature. It’s really helped us fine tune how we can adjust Asana features that our members all over the world ask for.

8 Likes

It would be nice to have an option in settings to have weeks go Monday-Sunday instead of Sunday-Saturday.

Just saw this :slight_smile: they are probably rolling this slowly

When will the UK have this feature? :frowning:

Hey @Michael_A,

any idea when you will roll it out for the rest?

Cheers!