Adding multiple Collaborators to Tasks at the same time

It would really be nice if the the collaborators of task was defaulted to include all team members or at least allow us to create collaborator groups. When dealing with larger groups or teams it is really tedious adding every collaborator one by one, especially if you have a dozen or so. Most of the time everyone in the team needs to know what is going on with the tasks, that is why we created the teams that way.

5 Likes

@Douglas_Trent, thank you for your feedback! As you’ve noticed, we don’t have the convention of “add group” to a Task right now in Asana, but it’s something that we’re thinking about internally! We definitely don’t want to forget anyone on the team accidentally :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I’d think about leveraging two conventions that might achieve what you’re looking to do.

• If you’re hoping to keep the whole team updated on relevant changes (but those might not be every update to every Task), consider using Team or Project Conversations. You can write updates there that will go out to every team member, and hyperlink out to Task titles that you think need more context or information.
  • If updates on every Task are critical, and it’s a large group of folks, you can always create a template Task at the top of a Project that has all your team members listed as collaborators. Then, to create a new Task, copy that Task and be sure to check “Collaborators” in the modal that pops up. Definitely more clicks than adding a vanilla Task, but it might save you time on the other side in terms of adding each person individually.

Thanks again for your feedback!

8 Likes

With a number of recent clients, I almost always get the questions, “How do we add multiple collaborators at once?” I agree this should be added, at least for adding existing teams if not custom groups. This is already available with the “Assign Copies” feature, so it seems it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement.

6 Likes

We would like this also

1 Like

I wish there was a way to create “groups” so we could add multiple collaborators all at once instead of one at a time. Does this currently exist?

5 Likes

Has been raised before @James_Carl

3 Likes

I’ll go along with that one. I sometimes create a task, then have to create a conversation flagging it up to the rest of the team - there are 53 people in total. A group-add option would be so convenient.

4 Likes

No it does not exists
 I’ve asked for this feature to the support team some time ago

1 Like

We would also like this feature supported. We use ASANA for wide range of purpose and our users include customers. We don’t want one customer created task visible to other customers. When a customer creates a task, we want that task followed by the product team and the customer support team only.

We want to add two groups as collaborators

1 Like

With a number of recent clients, I almost always get the questions, “How do we add multiple people at once?” I agree this should be added, at least for adding existing teams if not custom groups. This is already available with the “Assign Copies” feature, so it seems it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement.

2 Likes

Adding multiple collaborators would be very convenient

1 Like

This would be helpful

1 Like

+1: I agree it would be very useful to be able to quickly add all the members of a project or of a team as collaborators of a task. This point has been raised several times in my company.

2 Likes

Hi Asana team,
You encourage people to use more of Asana instead of using regular Email for communication.

Well, it’s not simple, I want to create a task in Asana and inform all users to update their profile image and Display name. Right now I still have to go create an email, and include all team member’s email in CC instead of using Asana

Why don’t you give us an option where we can select all members to follow a task, it’s not very difficult isn’t it? (See Bullet A in screenshot)

1 Like

Yes, we would like this feature. It seems like poor UX that one can’t simply select a team as collaborators, but must input people one by one.

We are trying to transition work off Slack and on to Asana. On Slack, we would simply @mention the team to inform everybody. But on Asana, it’s a tedious process of choosing people one by one.

1 Like

I’d love to have this feature as well. We have small client teams and large cross client teams. I’d like the ability to add multiple team groups to a since project or task at once vs typing in everyone’s name (50+) each time.

1 Like

It would be nice if i could assign collaborators as a group instead of adding 10 individuals. Same with assigning projects and task.

Not possible, a task can only be assigned to one person. This is very requested, @Marie will merge your post in the existing thread!

Bastien

Thanks for the mention @Bastien_Siebman :slight_smile:

Hi @Mark_McClung and welcome to the Forum :tada: We already have a thread on this topic (Adding multiple Collaborators to Tasks at the same time) so I have gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread. Feel free to add your vote on the main thread by hitting the “Vote” button at the very top of the thread!

Hi,

Is there a possibility to easily add groups of people as collaborators of a task. To explain with an example we have a team for technical incident reports. Depending on the type of incident (problem with a camera, problem with internet streaming kit, problem with social media, etc) certain groups of employees would need to be added as collaborators.

It is very cumbersome to add each person individually and this also risks leaving someone out. If people could be added as collaborators as a group, e.g. ‘camera operators’ or ‘it support’ that would be very useful in both saving time and making sure nobody gets left out.

Is there a way to create such groups and add these as collaborator?

1 Like