From Mindmap to Asana

@Álvaro_Moraza,

I think you’re running into this issue which is covered in the Asana2Go Help page in the Caveats section. I’m sorry for this limitation and hope this helps you.

• Asana will say it limits you to 50 Tasks selected; that doesn’t apply to Asana2Go. But Asana2Go may not collect and display all your selections if you have more than one or two hundred selections (depending) due to API and memory constraints. Most outputs confirm, at the top of the displayed output, the total number of selections processed. If this number is fewer than the number of your selections in Asana, you’ve probably run into this constraint.
  • Retry generating your output but simply scroll the Asana scrollbar such that its thumb is positioned halfway between the top selection and the bottom selection. In other words, don’t change the selections; just scroll down/up using the scrollbar and leave the scrollbar thumb such that it is in the middle (not at/near the top, not at/near the bottom of the track).
  • Asana loads only some of the rows into browser memory at a time, and Asana2Go only has access to those that are loaded. If there are not too many rows, none ever go out of memory. But if there are many rows in your view, then you have to ensure that the ones you want to report on with Asana2Go are present in memory. If you have so many rows that putting the scroll thumb in the middle loses the first and last rows, then you’ll have to do more than one Asana2Go output, each in a different position.
  • A simpler approach would be to filter your view in such a way that you have a more manageable number of rows to report on.

Larry

Thank you @lpb for your quick and complete response.

I have been doing some research and found a way to export from Asana and work in Obsidian (Excalibrain plugin especially) through parsing. I have to code (Python) a script to get the preferred files; would you like to join?

1 Like

Thanks, @Álvaro_Moraza. I’ll PM you…

Larry