General area for notes - notepad

Wondering if there is anywhere within each project (or in general) that has a notepad of sorts? I like to keep notes from discussions, thoughts, ideas, etc but that is neither a conversation nor a task. If it doesn’t exist can someone make it happen? Would be a very remedial and standard feature I’d think!

Thanks!

Not exactly, but here are a few options:

1. Use the Update section of the Progress tab in the project if the notes are kept fresh.
  2. Create a task called “Notes” and use the description field.
  3. Create a Google Doc or file in Dropbox or Box and attach it to the project. This is slightly less convenient than a notes field but will accomplish the same effect with a lot more formatting features.

The “Notes” task is probably the best bet. Thanks so much, great ideas!

Hi @Mark_Yaeger! I’ll let you know how I take notes to add to @Craig_Fifer’s “notes” task suggestion. I have a project called “Meetings” where each task contains meeting notes in the task description. The project acts as a reference area and I don’t check off any tasks. You could do the same thing and/or create a project called “Notes” or “Meetings and Notes.”

I like all of @Craig_Fifer’s ideas. In particular, using the progress tab

Thanks Alexis… that’s a good option as well!

I’d still love to see a notes field. I use the description area for other things, but I guess I have to use it for notes. I love Asana, but there are a few things about it which frustrate me. Even if I created a template, there wouldn’t be a notes field.

@Theresa_Jennings feel free to submit your feedback as a thread in the #productfeedback category :slightly_smiling_face: