Google Drive Integration

We use Asana to manage production jobs for clients and internally.
We machine parts based on customer designs. At the moment we load all the documentation in a local folder on the PC (which is synced with others) and have all the status and job info on Asana with custom fields. I know we could just load all files inside Asana but they are stored somewhere we don’t know and they’re not well organized. I was wondering if it possible to use the drag and drop feature and directly load it inside a Google Drive folder that is created based on the task name

1 Like

Hi Sam,

you might be able to use Zapier to automatically create folders in your Google Drive when an Asana task is created.
In the meantime I suggest you sync all your local data to Google Drive, simply create one folder per client and put this folder URL into a custom field or the description of the task.

Example:

Of course you can also directly attach the files to your task.

Best

1 Like

@Sebastian_Paasch At one time community users indicated that custom fields did not recognize a URL. Has this changed and if so what form of Custom Field are you using?

Thanks

HI,
I am using the normal text field, and the URL is not clickable, but this is a minor problem, I click CTRL + L and CTRL + V and I am there :slight_smile: