Group Tags Not Notifying

When we tag groups it’s no longer sending a notification to those people in conversations. Anyone know how to fix?

Hi @Tiffany_Weber, what do you mean by tagging “groups”, any chance you can give us some more details, so we can look into this for you?

I mean Teams - so for instance, it used to be that if someone was in a conversation they could type @Managers and it would tag all of the team members in the group Managers and send notifications. It now does not due that. We also have staff that aren’t receiving notifications when their names are tagged, and we’re still having the same issue from April 15 of staff losing the ability to make conversations on the Android App (no one has ever gotten back to me on my ticket despite numerous emails, and that message board even has someone else with the issue).

Thanks for the additional info @Tiffany_Weber.

You’re right, it is possible @mention Teams however, this would only link to the Team conversation, it won’t notify any Team members. I just checked with our Team and it seems it was always the case.

Regarding some of your Team members not receiving notifications: I would recommend checking if their notifications settings are correct (How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) and verifying if notifications aren’t routed to their spam box. For further investigation, please reach out to our support team so they can look into this for you.

And with regards to the Android app and the ability to create Conversations: this issue is related to an A/B test our team is currently running; our engineers are aware this has removed the ability to create conversations from the Android app, and are about to release a fix. In the meantime, sincere apologies for the trouble.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

So @Marie what is the exact feature of mentioning Team? You use @ and the team name?

@Bastien_Siebman If your team is called “Marketing” for example you can mention this team in tasks using “@Marketing”. This will automatically create a hyperlink to the Marketing Team Conversation.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I just lost conversation for my entire company and had to deprovision myself 7 times with the conversations not coming back (and now I have no access to half my teams). Is there anyway that I can get a timeline since my emails are going unanswered?