Guest permissions

Yes @Kimi you are a 100% right! :clap:Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

1 Like

No Marie, not on this thread, but i need some help with another thread Tagging a Project & Top Level Project Review - #6 by Kimi

, maybe you can help?

Hi,

I agree with Monica. Not sure of the rationale behind allowing a guest (not specifically allocated to a project) the ability to appear in the assigning dropdown of a task.

Consider this… We run a software dev house with multiple clients and projects. I create a Hidden Team for my new client. I add the client as a guest to the team. We create projects under the team. We add tasks and when we want to assign a task to someone, all guests appear. Doesn’t make sense to me?

Regards,
Graham.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Restrict Guest permissions

3 years later and this is still a HUGE Problem. How can Asana let this happen? This is a huge security and privacy risk! We’ve had people accidentally assign one client guest to another client’s task on accident and it OVERRIDES any permission level. There should be a pop up alerting us that you are assigning to an email address/person that was not initially given permission to the team/task/project. It’s really disappointing.

Please fix this!