Have a "create new column" button easily accessible on board projects

We have many projects on Asana and some are on their 20+ sprints, so now every-time I want to create a new column I have to scroll all the way to the right, create a new column and then drag that column all the way to the left again. It would be nice to have an always accessible new column button.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback @hugodes, we are taking note of it for future improvements!

1 Like

I’m still having the same problem 2 years later. Also, because you have to drag so far, there’s often a lag in the system and sometimes tasks or columns are dropped in the wrong place, causing major errors in the completion of projects.

@Micaela This was so annoying for us, we stopped using asana and switched to Trello, we went from 100$ + /mo to 0$ and have a much better board experience.

Hi @Micaela, and thanks for reactivating this thread!

We recently released a new shortcut “Tab+N” which allows you to create new columns, it’s pretty handy as it brings you automatically to the far right of your project. But that doesn’t solve the fact that you have to drag your column all the way back to the left if you work from the start of your project. We’re currently making quite a few changes around sections and columns, so I’m hoping this is something we can address sooner rather than later. I’ll make sure to update you here as soon as I have some news on my end!

Hi @Marie
Any update on that topic?

Hi @Julien_RENAUD and thanks for checking in! I’m so sorry but I don’t have any update on this topics at the moment… I’ve just gone ahead and escalated a task internally to help sparking the discussion again with the team :crossed_fingers:t3: