Highlighting individual tasks / N.B

Is there a way to highlight individual tasks as important/N.B.?

I often create notes in what are generally routine tasks. These notes mean that the specific task needs to be treated slightly differently than normal.

Is there a way to highlight a task or make it stand out as a note to self (and others) and to remember to look at the associated notes, treating the task differently?

Emboldening or italicising is easy enough but something more striking would be useful.

Tags might be an option to look into. If you have premium, you can create a custom fields.

Or maybe emoji? I made a reference task with this set I picked out for some general usage so they’re around for reuse/reminder (not all translate here to the Community’s editor, and the last row may not work in Asana in all platforms/browsers I think:

:heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :black_heart:
:boom: :globe_with_meridians: :house: :stop_sign: :hourglass_flowing_sand: :stopwatch: :clock230: :sunny: :star: :zap: :droplet: :rainbow: :comet: :fire: :snowflake:
:bell: :no_bell: :musical_note: :blue_book: :email: :pencil2: :file_folder: :open_file_folder: :date: :pushpin: :paperclip: :gear: :warning: :no_entry_sign: :low_brightness: :high_brightness:
:100: :bangbang: :exclamation: :checkered_flag: :white_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check: :x: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :heavy_multiplication_x: :sparkle: :eight_spoked_asterisk: :eight_pointed_black_star:
:arrow_up: :arrow_right: :arrow_down: :arrow_left: :arrow_up_down::back: :on: :soon::top: :arrow_forward: :arrow_up_small: :arrow_down_small: :arrow_backward: :stop_button: :record_button: :signal_strength:
:black_square_button: :white_square_button: :white_medium_small_square::black_medium_small_square: :white_medium_square: :black_medium_square: :white_large_square: :black_large_square: :large_orange_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :diamonds::small_blue_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle_down: :red_circle: :white_circle: :black_circle: :large_blue_circle: :o:
*⃣ #⃣ 0⃣ 1⃣ 2⃣ 3⃣ 4⃣ 5⃣ 6⃣ 7⃣ 8⃣ 9⃣ :keycap_ten:

Re remembering to look at them, if they’re assigned to you then you can used the Marked For categories, and Sections within those, e.g., within Today you could add a Section called “N. B.:”

Larry

1 Like