Home Button should always be present

Hi, something I’ve noticed on longer topics is that when you scroll past the menu bar, it’s replaced with the topic title/link and when you click on it, you’re taken to the top of the topic. I don’t feel that that is particularly useful, but my main thing is:

I want to always be able to click on the Community home page from the site, wherever I am. And I can’t do that if I’m at the bottom or in the middle of a long thread. Even if I scroll all the way to the bottom, there’s no link to the community home page, and the top bar is now the thread subject. So in order to go back to the community main page, I have to scroll to the top (or hit home, yes) and click it. It’s simple to do, but a nagging UX thing that bothers me.

I think you can… at least, I can. As I scroll down, you noted the thread subject is now at the top. But next to it is a small Asana three-dot logo. When I click on that, it takes me to the community homepage.

I realize this may not be the complete UX solution you’re looking for, but at least it’s there.

Good call! You’re right, that’s not really what I was going for, but I completely missed it. Thanks!

I’m gonna leave this up though, as I think the issue is still a thing, just not as bad as I thought at first. =)

Ah, I understand. @Erin_Booker is correct that you can get back to the homepage by clicking on the three dots. But I’ll keep in mind your feedback about getting back to the homepage easily. I’m with you on that one being key. For now, stick to clicking on the three dots (Asana logo) and I’ll see about if we can update this UX at all.

Thanks! I think even something as simple as making the logo the same size as it is on the standard menu would be good and I would’ve connected it as a home button more, maybe. So the only thing that changes is the text as it shifts from “asana community” to “thread title + subject link”