How can I see a List of all Teams?

I looked in search but did not see an obvious way to do this. I would like to see a list of all Teams in our Organization.

Hi @briankb,

Nice to meet you at the community. This is an interesting question.

On “Teams” in that dark left column of Asana interface you can see a list of all the teams in your organization. Are you trying to print a list of them out?

Yes I want to copy/paste a list and use it in various printable pieces.

@briankb We can help! It is possible to do this using the Asana API. Start with these pages:

You can also do this:

1. Collapse your teams so you just see the list in the left nav.
  2. Click “Browse for more teams” if you want to see teams you’re not a member of.
  3. Click and drag your cursor from the word “Teams” at the top of the list through the end of the list, until something else becomes highlighted, and then let go. (If you didn’t click “Browse for more teams,” stop highlighting when that phrase lights up, and then let go. The team names themselves will not become highlighted (at least not in Chrome), but they’ll still be included in the selection.
  4. Press Ctrl-C to copy.
  5. Press Ctrl-V to paste wherever you want to use the list. Bonus tip: If you paste on a new task line in Asana, you’ll get a list of tasks where each represents a team.
2 Likes

Hi @briankb! I’m Christa and I’m one of the user experience researchers at Asana. I’m really interested to learn more about the need to copy/paste your full list of Teams in Asana. Thanks!

1 Like

bump. I would love to be able to easily export a list of teams from Asana. We are an agency - so a list of teams is essentially an active client list (or inactive) it would be super helpful for project tracking to be able to do this.

1 Like

This would be very helpful for me. I’m a member of a bunch of teams and also have a lot of favorite projects so the sidebar is stuffed full and hard to navigate. Would be nice to have a bulk teams page similar to what you get when you click on a team itself, the ability to favorite them and possibly link to the home page view. Would make bouncing between teams a lot easier. Bouncing projects is helpful but easily bouncing teams is more helpful for a manager of many