How do I change one of the tags?

I want to change text or color of a tag. Is there a way to achieve the goal without creating a new tag?

5 Likes

HI,

yes you can.

Simply click on the tag you want to edit and click the arrow next to it.
See the screenshot below

11 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Feel free to mark my post then as a solution :slight_smile:

I figured this out! You have to be in the Tag sort page in order to edit tags, you can’t do it from a Task.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you! I had to click on the tag for it to open that tag’s page (Tag sort page?). Then I could click on the arrow next to the tag header to change it.

2 Likes

NOT helpful. Your menu options block what you clicked on. I click a tag and get nothing. You need a red arrow and multi steps. It took Jamie to figure it out. Stop trying to give quick answers. Give complete answers with steps for us dummies. We don’t know what you know nor do we care to spend time doing your job

4 Likes

thank you. they can learn a lot from you

Actually, Asana removed the ability to get a list of tags completely, so this solution no longer works and it appears there is no way to do this task anymore :confused:

4 Likes

You can still do this.

1. Click on a Task that has the tag you want to edit.
  2. Click on the Tag (within that task window). This opens up a new window that shows all the tasks marked with that tag.
  3. At the top of the screen, next to the Tag name, click the “…” which will open up a menu. One of the options is “Set Highlight Color”
  4. Change the color to the one desired.
11 Likes

I don’t seem to have any of these options as of Jan 31, 2023…any help on this?

1 Like

Welcome, @Bryn_Newman,

I just confirmed that @andy2’s steps, with minor changes I made below, still work:

1. Click on a Task that has the tag you want to edit.
  2. Click on the Tag (within the right-side task detail pane). This opens up a new window that shows all the tasks using that tag.
  3. At the top of the screen, next to the Tag name, click the "v” which will open up a menu.
  4. You can now choose Rename tag or Set col

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Thanks Legend!!

1 Like

Thanks, but definitely not a legend–you’re thinking of @Bastien_Siebman :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.