How do I delete the default reports?

I can’t see to find a delete button anywhere…

1 Like

Hi,
Click on the report on the left side panel, and then on the top bar, click on the little dots next to the report’s name and select “delete”.

1 Like

I don’t have that option. When I click on the three dots I can only choose from: copy search URL, print, or export. Advice?

The reports I can’t delete are: Tasks I’ve Created, Tasks I’ve Assigned to Others, and Recently Completed Tasks. I can follow Julien_RENAUD’s advice on other reports I’ve created. I just can’t do it for the three mentioned. Is that because these were reports built by Asana (not custom ones I created) and therefore Asana doesn’t let you delete them?

Yes the 3 reports you’re mentioning (Tasks I’ve Created, Tasks I’ve Assigned to Others, and Recently Completed Tasks) are default ones and they cannot be deleted.

1 Like

Is there a way to encourage this as a future feature? Really dislike have useless reports forced on my limited favorites list.

If we could even change the default on a couple of them (such as Tasks I’ve Assigned to Others to only show incomplete tasks, I’ve already been notified if the task was completed in my Inbox) then they could be a useful feature. As is, I’ve created useful ones only to have to look over the unnecessary ones.

9 Likes

I agree:100:

3 Likes

You can block by class by adding this rule to Chrome extension uBlock Origin:
asana.com##.SidebarReportsItemRow. Google is angling to kill the functionality of Adblockers in Chrome though, so this may not work for future readers.

2 Likes

Please deal with this! Does anyone use those reports? They are constantly in my way. Fine to put them in there but allow me to delete them!

2 Likes

+1

yes please make them removable, clogs my side bar and makes it less structured since i dont use them but i do use other custom reports

I think the ublock origin hack is great if you’re on a browser but I use the desktop app and theres no way for me to do that. I’d really like to get rid off the irrelevant (to me) reports/saved searches