How do I see exactly what limited access member has access to?

Although the structure and hierarchy of things is still confusing, I’ve managed to add a limited access member (who is a contractor) and added them to one project in my workspace.

But due to all the various settings and naming of things, and that as far as I can tell anyone who is invited to this work space has access to all projects in it(?), I want to make sure that this limited access member can only see and interact with the projects I add them to. Is there a way to verify this or a way to click on this member’s profile and see a list of everything they can see?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Jay8! As long as these members are listed as “Limited Access Members” (Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) in your Workspace, you can be sure they only have access to projects or tasks they have been added to.

That said, it is not possible to see in the wink of an eye, everything a specific user has access to; this can only be done one a project to project basis. So you would have to look at all you projects and see where this user has been added to. Looking at this assigned tasks through their “My Tasks” might also give you some precious information. And if you’d like to have a quicker access to this info for Limited Access Members, I would highly encourage you to post a feature request in the #productfeedback category!

3 Likes

I am beyond frustrated with this. Congratulations on creating an entirely untrustworthy platform. I was a massive supporter of Asana, until I found out to my detriment, that you should never, ever put any confidential information on this platform.

Hi @Peter_Buchholz and welcome to the Forum.

I’m really sorry to hear that; could you kindly share more information regarding your specific situation so we can work on a solution together?

We just released a brand new article to help you better understand what Guests and Limited Access Members can see and have access to; if you haven’t checked it yet, you can have a look into it here: Working with guests in an organization • Asana Product Guide