How do I set Asana to automatically trigger due date creation upon completion of other tasks?

Thanks for the heads up!

Iā€™ve never done this before, but Iā€™m working on onboarding a team that needs it and Iā€™m trying all the different ways and cannot get the dates to shift. If Iā€™m in a project pane that has no sort, it just moves the tasks up and down in the list. If I do it in the project pane that has sort by due date, it just is static and doesnā€™t change (either in order or due date).

3 Likes

It stopped working for me too. Just a week or two ago it worked just fine, but now I canā€™t get my tasks to shift due dates. Iā€™ve tried it in the project list view and in My tasks view, neither one works.

To confirm the actions taken:

Chenge view > Set sort to: Due date > Select multiple task > hit Ctrl arrow down/up > nothing happens.

Otherwise when moving tasks around in an unsorted view the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+arrows up/down works just fine. Iā€™m using Chrome app to access Asana in a Linux OS. In Firefox browser it doesnā€™t work either. :confused:

This is happening now for me too!

1 Like

Why would this feature be removed? It was one of the most helpful features. Is it a paid feature now?

@Josh_Baker and all - the good news is, this hasnā€™t been removed. :slight_smile: This is a bug that weā€™re aware of and our team is working to resolve it.

5 Likes

Is it solved yet? Itā€™s such an important and useful shortcut. Thanks!

Should be resolved soon!

1 Like

Hi all,

It is working for me today!

Thanks

Martin

1 Like

Yep, it works again. Thanks!

1 Like

Great! Thanks so much!!!

Super! Glad to know youā€™ve seen the updates! Our engineers will be happy to know youā€™re happy with this. :slight_smile:

Hi Alexis - I am following the instructions for how to shift multiple due dates in a list and it is not working. Do I push the up down buttons on my keyboard? (that is what I have been doing and it has not worked)

How do I get these dates to shift?

Hi @Ian_Wallace,
you have to push ctrl+up/down arrow for this to work, at least at PC. And donā€™t forget to change your view to Sort by Due date.
It works also with shift+ctrl+up/down, but thatā€™s unnecessary.
Svara

2 Likes

Do you know if I can do this with Subtasks too (move due dates)? It would be extremely helpful

Hi @pedro_prada! Yes, you can select several tasks using the multi-select feature (Task actions: create, move, duplicate, and more | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide) and then change all their due dates at once using the Tab+D shortcut (Keyboard shortcuts in Asana | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide). Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This only works if subtasks are due the same day.
Is there a way to move up or push back subtasksā€™ different due dates in bulk?

1 Like

Hey @Grace_Li, thereā€™s no way that Iā€™m aware of to do it easily for subtasks. I donā€™t think this is the best solution, but if youā€™re needing to do a lot of shifting for subtasks, you could potentially run a search for ā€œonly subtasks in XYZ project(s)ā€, then add to them all to the project (multi select, tab+p to add to same project) and then you could move them up/down - once done, remove from project in the same fashion (multi-select, then hit X on the project).

Not ideal, however Iā€™ve done this before for large projects that need everything shifted! =)

3 Likes

Multi-select still doesnā€™t work for me, in list view, in the main pane, when using click-shift-click, or control-arrow or shift-control-arrow. Drat! Just me?

Hi @Justice_Baxter! Have you verified if youā€™re having the same issue with multiple browsers?