How do we move subtasks to another task now?

subtasks

Hi There,

We used to be able to drag/drop subtasks into the main list, then move it into another task.

Painful yes (move them one-by-one) but it worked however, now it doesn’t. We’ve reloaded Chrome plus quit and re-launched/logged in.

How do we move subtasks into other tasks now?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

It is still working here, can you try Chrome in Incognito mode without any extension?

Hi @Ben_Sciascia! I would follow @Bastien_Siebman Bastien advice, it will most likely solve your problem. This might also help: https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/connectivity#gl-troubleshooting. Keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I’ve just logged in to an incognito window but have the same issue.

I see the little blue squares and can pick up the task but they don’t drag and drop sorry.

I’m in the ‘My Tasks’ list, I should be able to do it from there right?

Hi @Ben_Sciascia! Yes, you should definitely be able to do it in “My Tasks”, I just tested it on my account, and it’s working for me. Would you be able to send a screencast to http://asana.com/support so our Team can look into it and escalate a bug if necessary? Apologies for the trouble!

Do you actually drag the 6 points appearing next to the task when you hover it?

OK, so the problem is when sorting tasks by due date.

Not sure if this is normal but I have to temporarily sort tasks by ‘none’ before I can drop the task.

Thanks for the help, cheers

So when My Tasks is sorted by due date you can’t drag from it? Is that your bug?

I don’t know if it’s a bug - but no, I can’t drag subtasks into the main window (single or multiple tasks) when sorted by date.

I’m running Chrome for Mac Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @ben_s! This is not a bug but an intended behavior. When sorting out a project (or your my Tasks) by due date (or with any other filter) it automatically locks your tasks and subtasks. You can’t even move regular tasks around. My apologies that I can’t be of greater assistance, but I hope this helps clarify the matter! :slight_smile:

I agree on the fact that you can’t reorder tasks, but should you be able to drop a task (that would then be sorted)?

Bonjour @Bastien_Siebman :slight_smile: When you say “should you be able to drop a task”, do you refer to a task belonging to another project?

I mean that reording an ordered tasks list should not be allowed obviously but dragging from somewhere to the My tasks list, even if ordered, should do something. It is clearer?