How do you organize your to-dos in My Tasks?

I was struggling to see Upcoming tasks until I realised I had view Sort = Due Date! With none selected I can see the New, Today, Upcoming and Later

The methodology I am going to try and use is something like this (very similar to @Carlo I think(

New tasks will come in, where I can process them quickly - i.e decide if the should be marked Today, Upcoming or Later

Today tasks should be kept short, just to the tasks I intend to complete today. Pulled in from the Upcoming list each morning. Because it’s such a short I shouldn’t need to divide up the tasks in to sections

Upcoming is where I’ll add a bit more context to my personal task planning. I have sections such as Office - Proactive, Office - Inactive, Thinking / Decision, Calls etc. Anything which has been recently moved to Upcoming won’t be in a section so I will treat them as what I call Review & Organise tasks, and as part of my morning ritual will check these and place them in a suitable section, or move in to Today

I’m reviewing all the projects I am involved in daily, so will come across all the tasks assigned to me which will appear in the Later section of My Tasks page and I’ll Move them in to Upcoming, so I shouldn’t need to use this section, however I might find it quicker to dive in to them from My Tasks

We also use a custom Field Progress. So I am setting up saved searches using Progress = Waiting. The trick is that it should be assigned to whoever is responsible for the blocking task, so I can have multiple searches and quickly check blocking tasks by individual.

2 Likes