How to assign a sound to Asana's notifications on iOS

Hi everyone:

I’ve tried without any success to make my iPhone sound when I get an Asana notification. I just get a notification on screen, but the phone neither vibrates nor sounds.
I have an iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3

Any help?

Thank you all.

Hi @Ing_Heber_Soltero. At this time we’re not able to assign a sound to Asana’s notifications on iOS. However, we do hear this request from time to time and we’ll keep in mind your suggestion as we move forward!

@Ing_Heber_Soltero,

You might be able to create a work around with Zapier or IFTTT! You can set it to make a sound every time you get an email from Asana or something like that.

Ooh good call @Sara_Tall!

Yup, not bad, but I’m thinking in Asana as a replacement for email, so I was expecting to stop email sending, but I can’t do that while I don’t have audible notifications on the iPhone. I know… I know… it’s better Android, but what can I do? every member of the company was given an iPhone…

For me it would be nice to have sound notifications on iOS app and Safari on OS X too

Same as Heber_Soltero above. I’m looking for an audible sound when I receive an Asana notification. I’ve eliminated these notifications from my email, but now I keep missing them on my phone. I pick up my phone and it’s oops, this notification is 3 hours old!

The best solution so far is to buy an Android, yo can activate audible notifications, even have a special sound for Asana. :star_struck:

Hi! I’m getting no notifications about past due tasks. I am using an iPhone 7 app and all notification settings are turned on. Asana… community members… please help!!? I love asana

Hi @Shana_Mitchell - Just in case, have you taken a look at the Asana Guide article on notifications? You can confirm all of the notification settings you need in the badges and notifications section of this article: https://asana.com/guide/help/ios/basics

For reference from the article -

If you have notifications for your iOS device turned on, you will receive push notifications for the following stories:

A task has been assigned to you
A task you’re assigned and/or following has a comment posted
A task you’re following is marked as complete
A task you’re assigned is due (sent around midnight on the day of the task’s due date)
A Conversation is posted in a Team or Workspace that you belong to

If you’ve ensured that all points listed in this article are set correctly, then please mention @Alexis to let me know there’s an issue and I’ll be happy to file a bug report.

Any updates on when we can add sound notifications on iOS11? This is a dealbreaker since we want to use your awesome product but we cant look at our mobile device all the time and I don’t want to turn on e-mail notifications. Cheers.

I do also think sound notfications are a must for some of us. Please deploy this feature and let the user decides