How To Change An Existing Contact E-mail Address

Does anyone happen to know how to modify the e-mail address for someone that I’ve already got in Asana? This is not a team member, just someone who I am sharing an individual project with. We originally put his work e-mail address, but it’s getting caught in Spam for some reason. We need to edit this to his personal e-mail address. Any tips? Thank you!

• Randy

@Randy_Hall, follow these steps if you’re on the free version of Asana:

1. Hover over the team until the gear icon appears
  2. Click “Edit Team Settings…”
  3. Go to Members tab
  4. Hover over the email address you want to remove and the word “Remove” will appear on the right side

If you’re on Asana Premium, the admin should be able to go to Organization Settings for this.

Todd
Asana Training

@Randy_Hall, make sure that your colleague adds his desired email address to his account before removing his original email address. Instructions to add another email can be found here on the Guide: [here](https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/settings#sts=Add an Email Address). He can then remove the old email address without any disruption.

Hey Randy, I had the spam issue before and it took about a month of going into spam and saying ‘not spam’ for it to learn. When I spoke to IT about it, they checked the header html/language and determined it was something in there that was flagging it, mostly caused by an email redirect.

Doesn’t answer your question, but maybe provides some insight. I’d really recommend trying to teach his account to not register it as spam rather than having him use a personal, but that’s up to yall! =)

Thank you for the feedback! :slight_smile: