How to create a table in Asana?

Expected output: image

Here’s a workaround that may help you. (If not, it’s still helpful to keep this solution in the bag of tricks for other needs.)

1. In Word or another app (it works in various apps and I assume Outlook too), select and copy (Cmd-C) your table content:

2. Go to Plain Text Tables generator – TablesGenerator.com and do File > New Table…:

3. Now do Paste table data… then in the dialog paste (Cmd-V) the copied content and click Load, resulting in:

4. Click the “Copy to Clipboard” button (not shown; at the far right).

5. Paste into your Asana task’s Description field. Initially it will look like this:

6. Select all and apply the Monospace font: Cmd-Shift-M resulting in:

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi

2 Likes

All done @lpb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks All for the workaround. but it only works for a very small table. If it’s lager than a certain size the layout of generated table is broken and I cannot recognize the figure. We urgently need a decent table solution in Asana.

7 Likes

Agreed. I’d love to be able to copy cells from Google Sheets and paste them into a task description.

Wrike has a great feature for this already. Something similar for Asana would be great.

1 Like

We use Asana to track bugs. We need Tables, so badly, for task descriptions. Markdown table authoring is miserable but I would even take that. monospaced ASCII tables isn’t a real workaround for us.

Do whatever it takes.

Adding tables to task descriptions is now possible

2 Likes

Will tables be available in Status Updates or Messages soon?

1 Like

This would be helpful in Project Description under the Overview tab as well.