How to get completed tasks to automatically go to the bottom of the list / board?

Is there a way to make it so that when myself or a team member marks a task as complete, it automatically goes to the bottom of the list / board, below the incomplete tasks? I like to have all of my incomplete tasks at the top but hate having to drag and drop to rearrange all the time.
Thank you!

9 Likes

Hi,

Boards are not very flexible (yet?) so you won’t be able to do this. And with the list there is no sorting based on completeness…

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

2 Likes

Hey @Abigail_Davidson; @Bastien_Siebman is absolutely right

This isn’t possible just yet. I recommend making a post in our #productfeedback category so that our developers might have a look at your request & the community can up vote it!

Until then, I might recommend you adjust your sort filter to only view incomplete Tasks, or create a column for completed Tasks to keep things separate.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Hi @Abigail_Davidson! Marie here, your Community Forum Manager; I have gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category! Hope that’s ok! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, has this been implemented yet? I’d be a very handy feature to have. Thanks

4 Likes

Hi, is there an update on this? I have a project with multiple sub-tasks and if I mark something complete, it would be so helpful if that sub-task was moved to the bottom. How can this happen?

3 Likes

Is there an update on marking the sub-task complete and that sub-task gets moved to the bottom of the list?

3 Likes

Has ASANA updated so that competed task move to the bottom of the board?
Thanks

3 Likes

It does not exist and Asana does not share their roadmap in advance, you would have to watch the thread for any announcement

Please make this more intuitive and implement this change soonest.

4 Likes

Has this feature been implemented yet?

3 Likes

Hi! Even though there is still no way of officially doing this. What I have done is in the List section I created a Completed Tasks section so every time I complete a task I just move it there so everything is more organized.

Hope this can help! Thanks.

2 Likes

You don’t hide completed tasks?

Has it been implemented yet?

1 Like

I’d also like to see this happen. I thought Asana used to do this? Maybe it was another list app I used to use idk? Please add an option to allow completed tasks on my list to gray out and go to the bottom. Thanks Asana!

1 Like

4 years later and Asana still can’t do this? I was recently forced to switch from Monday.com to Asana and it’s pretty disappointing. Can we please get more intuitive sorting features??

1 Like

Hello! Just checking in on this–to automatically send completed tasks to the bottom of the list would be a great feature. I know we can hide completed tasks, but my team often needs to quickly glance at completed tasks for various reasons, and ideally they’d be the bottom of the task list, so we can also easily see what tasks still remain and their due date…

4 Likes

Hello :slight_smile: Any update on this? It still would be nice to have this feature. Hiding completed tasks is nice, but often we’re having to turn them back on just to make sure we’ve completed things if someone mentions it or can’t remember if it was completed or even entered as a task to begin with.
So we want to leave completed tasks visible…but then uncompleted tasks can get buried in the middle or the bottom of the tasks list, which isn’t ideal. Not a huge issue, but this would be a great (and seemingly simple?) mod–and if you made this change I can’t imagine anyone complaining that they preferred the old way better. Thank you!

Crazy this hasn’t been implemented yet. I bet 98% of users would prefer complete tasks get moved to the bottom of the list.

2 Likes