How to set notifications ONLY when a task is assigned to a member

So I am using Teams and then Projects within teams. When I make a project I want to include certain team members so they have access to that Project. But I only want them to get a notification when a Task is assigned to them, not every time something happens in the Projects.

Is this possible? How is this achieved. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @Bryan_Bloom!

At this point you are unable to toggle the types of notifications you receive; only if you receive notifications (Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide).

If you wish to adjust the notifications your receive in a particular Project, you can do so via your Project notification tab, which you can access by following the instructions available here: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Indeed it does… so if I do what you see below, then every time a task is added, #1 will get notified but NOT 2 nor 3?

Also if a task is added to the Project and it is assigned to #2, then they will still get notified of that task?

2018-02-13_13-34-06

@Michael_A

Thanks for answering Bryans first question but I am not sure it is solved and I am facing a similar issue.

I want to create a project with several team members who can assign tasks to each other AND see each others tasks.
But I do not want team-member A get a notification if team member C assigns a tasks to team-member B.

Is my understanding correct that this is not possible?
According to the link you shared regarding email notifications:

I would receive an email if… “A project you are a member of has new tasks”
That means every time a task is added I get a notification

That means users would be spammed with notifications not relevant for them.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Marcel

Did you ever get an answer or figure it out yourself?
I am currently facing the same problem…
Thanks!

Nope, unfortunately not

I am new, but would the use of dependencies allow for notifications for tasks? I am asking for myself as well.