How we're listening to your product feedback

We have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of organic product feedback you have submitted here in the Community. Many of you have asked what happens with the feedback after you submit it and we’re here to tell you! First and foremost, please know that we see your feedback and we are taking it into account. That said, as indicated in the category description, we cannot make any guarantees.

Here’s how it works:
The feedback we collect from the Community is synthesized in Asana’s primary customer feedback process. We capture your feedback from the Community, then aggregate it and cross reference it with the feedback our other teams are getting. Then we prioritize all requests against many factors including company vision, business needs, and so on. We do not share a product roadmap because we are unable to promise a timeline and we want to ensure that the features and updates we release are as well made as possible. We wouldn’t want to release a sub-par feature just to meet a deadline - quality is super important to us. So, while we can’t promise a timeline or that every piece of feedback will be implemented, we can promise that we take your feedback seriously and we are considering it alongside other customer feedback at Asana. You are extremely important to us and we value your thoughtful input. Thank you! (April, 2017)

Note: this text was copied from the new addition to “About the Product Feedback category” here:

9 Likes

@Alexis, thanks very much for this post. You’d be surprised how unusual it is for a company to even say the first line: [quote=“Alexis, post:1, topic:1794, full:true”]
We have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of organic product feedback you have submitted here in the Community.
[/quote]

I know that software development involves technical tradeoffs, UI philosophies, and business decisions, and I’m not going to get everything I want. But I at least want to feel that the company is interested in knowing what I want, and is excited rather than defensive when customers give feedback. So thanks for that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Topic closed. Refer to update here: **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next