I liked the hearts better

Totally agree that hearts were better. Thumbs-up feels cold and also too Facebooky.

If the community can’t agree on a preferred symbol, I’d like to have choices, as Orion says.

2 Likes

I loved the hearts. They were so warm! Please provide an option to switch back to hearts instead of the thumbs up.

4 Likes

PLLEEEEESE can we have the hearts back - or at least a choice between thumbs up or hearts? Our whole team really likes that feature and it’s one of the reasons we picked asana over other platforms (that, and the unicorns sealed the deal for us).

5 Likes

Our team really miss the hearts and like them better. Can this be a choice in the settings? Bring back the hearts!

3 Likes

I love Asana’s quirkiness … and clicking on that little heart (and watching it confetti itself into the surrounding space) was a true moment of joy. Every time. I will miss it. These “likes” are functional, but I think my heart will be sad when I click them because I’ll remember how awesome hearts were.

13 Likes

I know what you mean. I did like the heart explosion. On the plus side, you do get a thumbs-up explosion now, and it’s slightly less awkward ‘liking’ rather than ‘loving’ my manager’s comments!

2 Likes

I suppose … but I feel like there’s a good lesson in there. The world needs to embrace the awkward in the name of spreading more love. IMO. Just me? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I completely agree! One of my designers and I were just discussing how we’re both sad that the hearts were replaced. “Likes” are boring!

10 Likes

I used hearts to identify most important tasks - and now it is blended in with other tags. Hearts were much better.

5 Likes

I’m really unexpectedly sad over losing hearts. I never found it awkward, but I guess I can understand it - just not enough to forgive the change! :cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes

Various team members - not joking - were quite sad. :hearts:
Also the blue thumb is not really sticking out when skimming through the Inbox.

So if you can’t bring the heart back, can you please make the thumb less facebooky and make it stick out more (asana-like happy quirky)?

4 Likes

SO sad! Honestly, those little guys are the only things keeping me going some days :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I suggest people should be able to choose if they want to have hearts or likes! :unicorn: :heart:

7 Likes

I agree: Likes are boring and I do miss the heart explosions! This counts for my colleagues as well. Amazing how much design and color matter!
Please, Asana: Give us back our hearts (or at least a hack option to switch back to them). :heart:

6 Likes

Do hearts not make you think of Twitter or Instagram?

I don’t use Twitter and I like Instagram. I definitely don’t need MORE Facebook in my life. Trying to cut down, as it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just find the association interesting. That thumbs=Facebook yet hearts don’t = Twitter. And for quite some time now Facebook has had multiple reaction icons: likes, hearts, haha, angry & sad.

I’m not trying to be adversarial- I legitimately find it interesting. I am fascinated by how the digital world has impacted culture.

1 Like

Agree. Hearts were sooooo much better. Whimsical and endearing. A differentiator.

6 Likes

Alright, I get it, political correctness and stuff, perhaps some teams would not rather have the hearts #justbecause. But please please do not take that feature away from teams that working remotely have a very limited number of ways to express appreciation towards completed tasks or comments. I’ve been using Asana for almost 4 years now and seriously guys, hearting something is a thing. And I agree with others, the quirky micro interactions of Asana sometimes make people choose it over the (really strong!) competitors. Please add it to the settings panel so the teams that find it appropriate, are still able to use it. Sending lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: :wink:

3 Likes

Hi folks! Thanks for your feedback. Be sure to submit it directly to the product team using the link in this post: Hearts are now likes in Asana - #4

With that, I’m going to go ahead and merge this thread with an existing product feedback thread on this topic. Feel free to vote!

2 Likes