I liked the hearts better

I miss the heart icon. I don’t mind the like button but they should have kept the heart and added the like icon as well. I HATE how the heart has been replaced. Bring back the heart!

1 Like

Same here! I work in a Berlin based agency and our culture is very much focused on a personal and kind communication and interaction. I just came back from holidays and figured out the change. As member of the IT team I got messages and verbal statements that they (and also me) want back the hearts!

Asana, please bring back the hearts!

4 Likes

My team misses the hearts too. I totally get how some people/company cultures didn’t like the heart, BUT maybe the heart can come back as a “Hack”?

3 Likes

Seems strange to not allow this as a setting at the very least.

Doesn’t seem like this should be very high on the priority list. I’d rather see fixes to core functionality like the Files view and allow for private messaging/file delivery.

I’m getting a lot of sad faces from my team because we’re missing the hearts too! Please bring back the hearts!

1 Like

While I agree with a toggle option regardless, a part of me can’t help but think if your workplace culture makes this taboo/awkward, you’ve got bigger issues. :wink: #makeworkgreatagain

2 Likes

Does anyone have a copy of the SVG heart code that was used by Asana?

@Alexis :broken_heart: Just wanted to remind the Asana Team of the blog post you used to introduce Hearts in the first place: Asana Hearts: Share Gratitude And Enthusiasm with Your Team

The decision-makers may want to re-read that, especially the 1st, 2nd, and last paragraphs.

2 Likes

Gimme some lovin’, people! :heart:s are back!

Hearts are back!! If you want them, at least. For all who miss :heart:s, you can replace those boring Facebooky Likes with Hearts by installing my Streamlined Asana theme! Watch these video instructions, and you’ll be sharin’ the love with your team in a few short moments!

Video Instructions: https://www.useloom.com/share/7e0a87c749964ce0bffe82d14eec99a1

1 Like

Yes! The hearts were way better, At least add the unicorns and hearts back as a hack. The app feels cold and corporate now. Far from the reason we started using Asana many years ago. I really hope this feedback is heard by Asana leadership. Why not give customers options with this type of UI change??

1 Like

For all of you that miss your hearts, I’ve put together a chrome extension that brings them back for you. Simply add to chrome, sit back and enjoy the hearts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your creation! We love seeing what people create :star_struck:

1 Like

Glad to hear that, happy to create! If there are any feature requests, let me know :wink:

Hi, @Kris2, I like that you’ve created this Chrome extension. I installed to check it out and noticed that the stylesheet in your extension (hearts.css) is a copy of my “Streamlined Asana” styles, with some minor changes. I’m glad you’ve created the extension…but wanted to let you know that yesterday I updated my stylesheet to fix a few things and am in the middle of adding another option.

1 Like

Awesome! Maybe there are ways we can collaborate on this thing together. Through the power of a chrome extension, there’s a lot more than can be done from a JavaScript and Stylesheet perspective. Even incorporating the API as well.

Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

@Joe_Thomas ^^^^

@Kris2, not sure if you saw, but I PM’d you about this.

@Torsten
@britt_freeman
@Casey_Gollihugh
@Ola1
@Jara_Dean-Coffey
@Crystal_Alifanow
@Shannon1
@Crystal_Alifanow
@Ulli
@Sebastian_Paasch

1 Like

Hey @Joe_Thomas - Been busy! Will PM you back :slight_smile: