I need Help setting up asana for my specific teams needs

Im looking for a program to run all the projects our organisation does, some questions I have not been able to find answers for, that are critical to our organisation are.

1. Can I remove Conversations, Calender and progress from our Projects. Our organisation doesn’t need them and I need to keep whatever we use as simple as possible.

2. I need to be able to control not just what people can see but do. Need to be able to make sure only certain people can task and that only those people can make changes to tasks aswell.

3. I need multiple stages. We need custom workflows for example. Assignedbuhla, seen, ready, reviewed, complete.

4. Do files that are uploaded to tasks automatically get added to the files folder?

1. If i cant remove can i at least hide them so my team are distracted by something we arent using?

Hi Mark,
As far as I know:

1. No, but the projects open on the task list, so I personally don’t find the other tabs distracting at all. I doubt most people would even notice them if they’re not using them.

2. On projects you can control whether the user has full access rights (add, edit, delete anything) or comment only rights.

3. Custom Fields would let you set the stage of a task. You set up the fields yourself to reflect your own business practices. Very useful feature, in my opinion.

4. Yes. ‘Files’ shows a gallery view of any file added to a task within the project.

Please note that some of these features are only available to premium members.

1 Like
  1. You can always work on a custom CSS stylesheet to hide those button, tell me if you are interested.

@ceturleyis very right on the rest.

3 Likes

How would we go about that? I am not really familiar with that at all

You can use the Stylebot extension for Chrome and write in it custom css to hide parts of the interface. If you have a web developer around you she/he can probably help, if not I can.