I want to assign users to projects, not just tasks, and have project tags, similar to task tags

We are using Asana to track sales projects. Our sales cycle is very long, years, so Asana is a great place for us to keep track of conversations, tasks, and documents. We also love that we can invite clients as guests so they can add tasks and see how we are progressing.

What I want to do is assign a project to a particular user or team member so that we know who on a team is responsible for that project. I also want to tag a project, not just a task. That way I could run a report like, “How many projects are using product X?” Or, “How many projects does team member A have going?”.

If this is already doable please point me to the guide that explains how. Thanks!

We want this, too. We have found a place where we can apply tags to projects: Portfolio View. Once a project is added to a portfolio, it’s easy to add a field (“Client”) and choose from a list of tags (like “Research” or “Sales”). But searches only find those places where the Client tags are applied to tasks; they don’t seem to find tagged projects.

Why offer project-level tagging if it’s not searchable?