Import to update existing tasks

I also have a use case for this. It would be extremely helpful to bulk update tasks with the import tool.

Any updates on when this functionality will be available? This would be very beneficial to have. Thanks!

3 Likes

Please, please come up with this update-import feature soon. It would be extending the use cases on how we use Asana a lot.
The import feature would be used a lot in the finance team where the current Asana usages have been quite low compared to other teams in my company.
In finance, we have business processed that would be lovely to implement using Asana if the update feature was there. I can tell that finance-related processes (and users operation it) would need this functionality seriously to let Asana be valid to use.

1 Like

How has this been on hold for 2 years? THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE.
Lots of people have the same tasks across multiple projects and need to be able to update them in bulk, NOT one by one.
We are paying for premium features, make the service premium as well. Currently there are a lot alternatives out there that have this feature. Don’t make us consider them.

8 Likes

How has this been on hold for 2 years? THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE.
Lots of people have the same tasks across multiple projects and need to be able to update them in bulk, NOT one by one.
We are paying for premium features, make the service premium as well. Currently there are a lot alternatives out there that have this feature. Don’t make us consider them.

9 Likes

Voted! Would love to see this feature soon! :grinning:

1 Like

Voted! Please please please, include this feature. There task IDs, so not clear on why this would not have been the default UI from day 1. Would be very helpful to include.

4 Likes

Voted! I am currently manually copying and pasting updates to hundreds of custom fields. This is absolutely crucial for the ability to manage data in Asana and other systems.

1 Like

Voted! I think this can leverage productivity in many use cases alot. We want to add some effort / impact matrix like stuff (so we can see the easy wins etc.). This would be an easy calculation in excel, the fields already exist, the ID is already in the export. Tried it out and it didn’t work :frowning: Would love to see support for update-import in the future.

Please add this feature! It would be an immense help to my PM workflow

It’s been quite some time. Hoping to see this roll out soon. Would help loads with my pm workflow as well.

This would be such a helpful addition to our team. We have a lot of bulk information that gets sent to us from multiple sources which pertain to already existing tasks. Right now, we have someone whose entire job is to go in, find the corresponding task, and manually update custom fields in each of the existing task with the new information . This feature would free up so much time for them.

1 Like

We’re using Asana as our studio asset pipeline tracker (thousands of assets).
Would change our game if we could import sub-tasks to existing tasks.
Ugh, I don’t know why I I thought this was already possible :tired_face:

Hi,

Has there been an update on the Importing CSV to match to existing tasks and update/add/overwrite fields associated with that task? This is really needed to manage recurrent tasks on multiple sections.

I noticed the original request was in July 2018 :open_mouth:

Thanks

1 Like

Voted. I need this, too.

Hi! Came back here to see if any progress has been made. Can an Asana Rep let us know if this is in the works or when it potentially will be?

The fact that you cannot update tasks through an import or add new tasks through an import is insane. It’s 2021, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to do these things. I also don’t know why importing subtasks is so difficult. People managing large projects, particularly ongoing projects, need to be able to add and update tasks and subtasks efficiently.

3 Likes

It took them about half a decade to add the ability to hyperlink text (last spring). They’re not really known for being an agile dev team unfortunately. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

VOTED! Would really help with streamlining project updates.

2 Likes

Any chance we can get it soon?

2 Likes