Improve timeline with pre-set duration of task

project leader often doesn’t know exactly how long will each task take to complete, so right now, before he sets up the timeline, he has to ask each team member, how long does he expects to do, memorize it and then figure out the timeline of task. Much better workflow would be: project leader creates the tasks and assign it to team members, they update the tasks with expected durations and then project leader will map them to timeline. Right now, when you drag&drop tasks, it always thinks as one task = one week

We are looking for the same thing. The actual dates in which we schedule a task depend on the duration, so we need to define the tasks duration first, and only afterwards to place them in the calendar/timeline. Any suggestion how we can do it?
Thanks!

1 Like

We also would like this feature. The ability to set the duration of sub-tasks as a way of helping the project manager schedule the proper amount of time for main tasks would be an added bonus.

1 Like

My team uses project templates with preset tasks. These tasks have typical durations but the due dates will vary depending on when the project starts. It would be nice to have a way to preset the duration for each task and add the due dates at a later time. This would greatly improve the usability of the timeline tab.

4 Likes

This is also a requirement for my teams. Asana programmers, please reply to requests

Asana programmers… are you out there? can you please reply to the question re “how to set Duration”?
Or the only answer is to use Flowsana and pay more?

1 Like

Hello - did anyone ever find a solution for setting duration?

I think Flowsana is probably the best option for this. I am checking it out now to see if it fits the bill.

1 Like